31

Elsa

I woke up with tears in my eyes. I had been crying in my sleep I let out a tired sigh and got up and made my way to the bathroom. I saw my reflection. Tired eyes, red, and puffy, and my hair was a mess. I washed my face with some cold water in an attempt to make my puffy eyes disappear.

I heard movements in the kitchen when I made my way downstairs. I looked at the time and saw that it was almost time for her to leave. Mrs. Park would be here with a cab so they could leave for the airport together.

My mother was leaning against the counter while drinking her coffee. I walked past her, feeling her gaze on me as I poured myself a cup. No one said anything as we drank our coffee in silence with tension so thick it was almost suffocating.

“You were with those two men from the restaurant.” She said quietly. I looked at her with a blank look on my face. If she had seen me with them then she had already connected the dots. I didn’t bother to answer.

“You’ve gone too far into this. Get out of it while you still can.”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“It’s a world you don’t know a thing about. I have been in your situation. Don’t make the same mistakes I did.”

“So, now I’m a mistake?” I let out a humorless laugh.

“Don’t you ever say that!” She placed her mug to the side and looked at me.

“You are the biggest blessing of my life." and she left.

I am frustrated with this situation.I like him.so much.He like me He care about me.The way he is with  define evrything.This baby is unplanned and I dont know whats going to heppen next with baby,with me,with us me and him.What will he react. Why mom reacting this way .

I grabbed the coffee mug in anger and threw it to the floor, watching it break. But it did nothing to satisfy the fuming anger inside of me.

I grabbed anything I could get my hands on and threw it violently to the floor. Dishes flew and crashed to the walls, watching them shatter into pieces. Drawers were pulled out and their contents spilled, creating a disastrous mess in the kitchen. I was panting as I continued to empty the cupboards, smashing and breaking everything.

But it still wasn’t enough to relieve the pain in my heart.

I grabbed my hair and screamed at the top of my lungs. Anger, sadness, emptiness, pain. I let it all out.

I stumbled around on my feet as an intense wave of fear took over my body. My body started to shake. I couldn’t catch my breath and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

Everything started to spin and I looked frantically around to hold onto something. Instead, I crashed right onto the broken glass on the floor.

I felt like I was dying.

I couldn’t breathe.

My ears were ringing. I couldn’t hear anything. My body continued to shake as I gasped for air. But nothing was filling my lungs. My vision blurred. The ringing in my ears intensified and my chest was rapidly moving up and down, desperate for air.

“I can’t breathe…” I choked out.

Arms grabbed me and made me look up but it felt like everything was in slow motion. I tried to focus but I couldn’t make out who it was. I could faintly see lips moving, talking to me but I couldn’t hear anything.

"Breathe, Elsa."

“Deep breaths, Elsa.” Logan instructed with a frown on his face. I held onto him tightly as I tried to match my breathing with his.

“You’re okay. You’re safe.” I slowly felt myself calm down as he kept reassuring me.

I was sitting on the couch as the paramedics measured my blood pressure. Giovanni had made the call when Logan tried to get me back to my senses. I had gotten cuts on my hands and knees from falling directly onto the glass I had shattered all over the kitchen. Most of them were just surface cuts but there were a couple of deeper cuts and they cleaned it all out and bandaged me.

“Your blood pressure is high, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it right after a panic attack. Do you have those often?” The paramedic asked and I shook my head at him.

“I haven’t had them before.”

“Do you know the cause of it, or did it just happen?”

“I was just…upset.” I said while keeping my eyes down. My body was feeling weak and heavy as I sat there and answered their questions.

“Make sure you get enough restful sleep and avoid caffeine, smoking, and alcohol…” I nodded mindlessly as he continued to talk while packing his things.

I felt empty. Like there was a deep hole inside of me that wouldn’t close. I got up from the couch once the paramedics made their way out but got stopped by Giovanni.

“I have to go to work…” I mumbled quietly, keeping my eyes down when he blocked my way.

“The hell you are! Go back and sit down. You need to rest.” He sat me back down and I didn’t even protest. I was too weak to do anything. Too upset. Too much in pain.

I lay down on the couch and closed my eyes while I heard Logan’s and Giovanni’s hushed voices as they talked to each other. A blanket was pulled over my body, and I soon let sleep take over me to escape my reality.

I slowly came out of my slumber when the feeling of something caressing my stomach woke me up. It took me a few tries to open my heavy eyelids, and I tiredly blinked a couple of times before my eyes adjusted to the darkness in the room.

A s*b immediately escaped my lips when saw him.

“Nicholas…”

.

.

.

.

......