82

Elsa

“And where do you think you’re going?” My jaw clenched at the voice.

“Matthew ” I sneered.

“Going so soon, sister?” He laughed and pulled the trigger.

I landed on the ground and cried out when I landed painfully on my shoulder. It felt like I got shot. But the sounds of  groans quickly caught my attention and I whipped my head in that direction.

“Oh, God, Asherl!” He was bleeding from his leg and I quickly crawled over to him, ignoring my own pain.

“Why did you do that, you idiot?” Tessa sat up and looked at him. He had pushed away and he let himself take the bullet.

“Are you guys okay?” Asher panted out and tried to get up, but immediately held around his ribs and slumped down again.

“We’re okay. I can’t believe you did that!” I looked around, seeing we were behind a machine and out of Matthew ‘ view. I pressed down on the wound while I tried to figure out what I could use to stop the bleeding.

“Isn’t it cute? A traitor is helping the enemies.” Matthew ‘ voice rang out along with another gunshot firing. I threw myself down to cover, avoiding the bullet by a hair.

“Stay down.” Asher put a hand on my back to keep me down as he aimed after Matthew who was coming back. Asher fired after him, forcing him to cover away from us.

“Fuck!” Asher groaned and slumped to the ground in pain.

“Don’t make it worse for yourself! Are you hurt anywhere  else?” I scanned his body for other injuries but it was difficult to make out since he was also wearing a bulletproof vest underneath.

“Just a few cracked ribs. The drugs have worn off.” He panted out with a strained voice before more shots were fired.

“You’re not getting out of here! You’re all dead!” Matthew laughed, having me grit my teeth.

“Help Asher while I distract that little bitch.” Tessa said and got ready to move.

“Wait, take my gun with you.” I patted myself, realizing I didn’t have it on me.

“Shit!” My eyes widened in a panic. I searched around for it on the floor and I found it. The only problem was, it had slipped to the other side after being pushed to the ground. I reached up to my earpiece to call for any backup.

But it was gone.

“It’s okay, I got it.” Tessa showed she had a gun

“Are you sure you want to do this?” I asked worriedly. I didn’t want anything to happen to her but with Asher unable to move and no one to call for help, we had to try.

“No! You’re not doing it.” Asher growled out in pain. We ignored him as we continued to look at each other. She gave me a firm look, convincing me she could do this.

“I’ve hated that ugly bitch from day one. I want to shoot those two hairs on his head.” Tessa looked over in the direction of Matthew with disgust on her face.

“Okay. Try and keep him away from here while I help Asher.”

“Tessa, no!” Asher growled out and even tried to get up to stop but it was already too late as she got going.

“Shut up, you’re not in charge anymore.” I told him and had him lay still so I could figure out what I was dealing with while I went back to put pressure on his leg.

“Are you hurt anywhere else?”

“It doesn’t matter. Just leave me and save yourself. I’m a dead man either way.”