84

Nicholas

Elsa  was shocked.

Shocked to the point her body gave up under her and  collapsed to the ground. I grabbed her and pulled her into me, gritting my teeth as I ignored my own pain when I saw the state she was in. I didn’t give two shits about Alexei at this moment, only worrying about her. She looked numb, lost, as she tried to comprehend what I just said. For once, Alexei kept quiet and had his men stand by as he looked at Elsa .

His daughter.

He hadn’t expressed what he thought of the situation. About him having a daughter. But he was pissed at her mother for keeping away and not telling him. Twenty-five years had he lived on with his life without knowing he had a child out in the world. And to make it worse for him, his daughter thought Geotano was her father.

An Italian man who married his woman

“Come on, breathe, Elsa  … There you go… Breathe.” She gasped for air and I felt how her entire body was shaking against mine. I held her tightly, even though I was struggling to stand on my own because of the pain. I knew it wasn’t long before I would lose consciousness again.

“Oh, fuck. Go get her a doctor and go fix yourself. You’re useless to me if you’re fucking dead.” Alexei sighed, even rolling his fucking eyes.

“If you pull some dumb shit, Vasiliev, you know what the consequences will be.” I told him. I didn’t need to clarify what I meant as he knew.

“You are in no position to make any threats to me.”

“Does it look like I care? Fuck up, and the blood is on your hands.” It was my final words to him before we rushed to the  car.

I was slipping in and out of consciousness in the car. My heart was beating faster than I have ever experienced, and I could feel the blood that kept dripping down from my stomach. Elsa  was next to me, trying to keep me awake by talking to me and tapping my cheek. But half of the ride to the hospital, I couldn’t hear what she was saying as if she was far away. That was how faint her voice sounded to me.

“…Surgery immediately!” I opened my eyes, seeing everything blurring past me.

“No surgery…” I said, trying to stop them but my body was too heavy to move and my eyes closed again of fatigue. I just needed to be stitched up and rest for a bit, and I would be fine.

“Don’t listen to him and help him, please.” Elsa’s voice sounded out, having me frown when I heard her cry.

Don’t cry, my love. Your tears are precious.

I felt her lips on mine. So soft, light, and feathery, having my heart somehow beat even faster, and spreading warmth inside of me.

Like fire, and keeping me alive.

“I love you.” She whispered, but I heard it loud and clearly.

And I love you.

Then darkness took over.

.

.