37

Elsa

I walked around the boutique as there wasn’t anything to do at the moment. I had just handed a customer her customed designed dress, making it the last one and now it was going deadly slow as I didn’t have anything to do. I could take the time to mop the floor, but I felt too lazy to do it. Usually, when my mother was present we would chat and have fun, but she had some errands to run. I think it was to sort out some papers at the bank but I wasn’t really listening.

I found some banana chips in the desk drawer and did some walking in the boutique. I hated banana chips but I was hungry and I couldn’t leave. to get some food. I thought of calling Nicholas  or Logan  to get me some food, but I also felt like taking a nap.
Food or sleep? Such a hard decision to make.

I decided to take my nap now when no one else was around. Plus, the banana chips did keep my hunger at bay.

I made my way to the couch but stopped in front of the floor-length mirror. I looked at my stomach, turning to the side to see if something was happening. I knew it was too early still, but I was excited to see what I would look like with a baby bump.

I couldn’t help but smile a little as I rubbed my stomach. I still couldn’t believe that I was currently making a tiny human in there. The feeling was overwhelming and exhilarating. If it wasn’t for Nicholas  already being so amazing and caring about it, I think I would still be freaking out. The way he would always find the chance to rub my stomach, kiss it and talk so lovingly about it.

It made my heart burst with happiness.

I chuckled a little, thinking about the very first time I met him. Funny how life turned upside down for me, and now having a baby with the man I once feared.

I got comfortable on the couch and immediately felt my eyes droop. Just a quick power nap, I thought. I would be able to hear if someone comes into the shop anyway so I should be good. With that, it didn’t take long before I slowly drifted off to sleep.

“… Is she being for real…”

“…Should we wake her up?”

“…Let her sleep.”

I stirred in my sleep a little as I heard the hushed voices, making me annoyed that I was being disturbed. I let out a noise in frustration and turned around to continue my peaceful sleep.

“How charming.” I frowned a little at the voice. Why were there people talking, and what were they doing in my room? As I tried to ignore them and resume my sleeping, my eyes suddenly snapped open as it came crashing back to me that I was in the boutique, and not in my own room. I quickly sat up and blinked rapidly a few times.

“So unprofessional of you, Elicat!” Still, in a confused daze, I turned to the voice and saw Tessa, looking at me with an amused face and her brow raised at me.

“Huh…?” I blinked a couple of times, trying to figure out what was going on and if that was truly tessa who had magically appeared in front of me.

“Shit, that must have been one good nap.” I turned to the other voice, seeing Arianna was here as well. I rubbed my eyes and blinked a couple of times more. My eyes slowly widened when I realized I wasn’t dreaming and they were truly in front of me.

“Oh, my God!” I squealed and jumped up from the couch. I immediately embraced them both tightly, taking them a little by surprise at my sudden action but laughing as they hugged me back.

“What are you doing here?!” I leaned back to look at them. I was surprised but so happy to see them here. I had missed them like crazy.

“I could feel you were missing us. Me the most, so I thought why not come and visit you! I have a sixth sense or something.” Tessa  grinned, and Arianna just looked at her with a slight scowl before rolling her eyes.