59

Nicholas

“If it turns out to be true, then we can go ahead with our plan as we wanted from the beginning. We know he wants access to the weaponry, like that wasn’t fucking obvious, and we now know his connections, how he works… I say let us just go ahead and kill him like we always wanted, and take over his territories. He’s a bastard but, damn, he knows how to make money, and make an even bigger demand for the products.” Josh  kept talking. We were in the car on our way to the storage facility along with Logan and Giovanni.

“It’s not that simple anymore.” I told him. I leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes. Not because I was tired, but to calm myself down completely to interrogate the scumbags, and not kill them as soon as I see them.

“Oh right, Elsa. Maybe she doesn’t care?”

“Are you that fucking dumb?” Giovanni looked at him to see if he was serious.

“We know Tessa  won’t care.” Josh  said, thinking he made a valid point.

“Tessa  was abused, almost beaten to death. Elsa  wasn’t.” I reminded him.

We knew Tessa was abused before even getting to know her. All it took was one glimpse of her, seeing the bruises she thought were covered up. They were slowly fading but they were still quite visible. Her body language when she stood next to her father was just another confirmation, and when I cut his tongue out, satisfaction showed in her eyes.

Tessa was eager to get away, not caring that it was purely for business benefits. Just like Giotano was using her to try to gain access to my weaponry, I was taking advantage of it as well, making him believe that he could. I wanted to know the infrastructure of his organization, and then take him down completely. He was recruiting more people on his side, slowly expanding more and more. I couldn’t have that happening. I wanted to get rid of him before he could become a serious threat to my organization.

It was a game I enjoyed, killing them and taking over what they’ve spent their lives to achieve.

Tessa was free to leave wherever she wanted when it was over. She was just another puzzle in my game but turned out that Tessa  and Dante  took a liking to each other. It wasn’t an issue and meant she was completely under our protection while we carried out our plan.

Then I fell for Elsa,putting the plan on hold.

“Even if it is true, he’s still the only father figure she has known in her life. I already have enough reasons for her to hate me, I’m not going to give her another by killing him like that.” I said.

“Maybe that was why her mother left?” Logan  commented, trying to come up with a clue as well.

“It’s a possibility.” Until I had gotten the results, anything was possible at the moment. Elsa might not even be the daughter of either of them, and the chance that there was a third person in this mess was possible. Maybe that was why she decided to disappear to make sure Alexei Vasiliev wouldn’t know about it since they had something going on.

“Whatever it is, I hope we will figure it out soon. I feel like I’ve aged ten years already.” Josh groaned out and slumped forward, resting his head on the driver’s seat. Then he suddenly straightened up and looked at me with a mischievous grin.

“By the way, does Elsa know you hid cameras in her hotel room?”

“No.” I glared at him as his grin widened.

“I bet she was naked a lot. So, did you jack off to the footage?”

“I will beat the shit out of you again if you don’t shut the fuck up.”