8

Elsa

"You promised me, Elisabeth!" Tesaa scowled at me.

"I did no such thing!" I mirrored her expression. I was in Tessa's room helping her packing bags as she was going to stay with the Donavan's to plan the wedding. Well, she was packing, and I was on the bed, lying on my stomach, flipping through a magazine. Since we lived a few hours away from them, it was easier for her to stay there instead of constantly going back and forth. And now she was trying to make me come with her.

"Yes, you did! Remember when we went out for brunch, and told you I needed help to plan the wedding? You told me you would be happy to help since you're staying here for a while and had nothing to do anyway." She quickly said. I stopped flipping through the magazine as I tried to remember when I had said that.

That was when I realized it!

"Are you actually trying to force a fake memory in my mind?" I said to her accusingly.

"No." Tessa avoided looking at me.

"Yes, you are you sneaky bitch!" threw a pillow at her face, and she huffed at me with a frown.

"Well, what are you going to do here alone, anyway?" She put her hands on her hips.

"I don't know, eat and chill with asher?" I shrugged. She actually had a point... I didn't have anything to do. I had been staying in the mansion for a couple of weeks now and it was not like there was much to do here unless I wanted to become best friends with Morella.

Yeah, I did not like that, and I would probably go deaf if I had to listen to her speak one more time. I felt my skin crawling every time she called me darling.

"You can eat over there, and besides, Ash isn't going to be free all the time to hang out with you." She continued to argue. It was another good point made. Ash had been incredibly busy these days, and I had barely seen him around.

"I hate it when you're right." I moped. "and why are you even planning the wedding, and not just getting someone else to do it for you?"

"I am being handed over like I am a freaking object! The least they can do is for me to have a say in this wedding. And you have good taste, so you're helping me. I'm older than you, you have to listen to me."

"How lame of you to pull the 'I'm older than you' card. Which doesn't even work. But fine, I will come with you." I rolled my eyes at her when she squealed in excitement. I resumed reading my magazine, trying to get some inspiration. I have been kind of working from her whenever my mother needed my help, we would talk, and I would send her my sketch ideas. She had been surprisingly okay with me being here. Not like she could do anything to prevent me from staying with my father.

I was actually enjoying it here.

"Well, I'm going back to my room, I'm tired. And we have to wake up early for the Service tomorrow." A yawn escaped my lips as I rolled out of bed.

"Thanks for the help." Tessa said sarcastically.

"You are so much welcome." I snickered and closed the door behind me. I lazily dragged my feet down the hallway when I noticed Matthew my stepbrother coming out of his bedroom.

"Hi, Matthew ." I gave a small smile. This was only the second time trying to talk to him. I didn't know what his problem was, but I always found him glaring at me from afar.

"Bitch." He muttered under his breath as he walked past me. I stopped in my tracks waht the-. Furious, I took a hold of his arm.

"What the fuck is your problem!?" Matthew ripped his arm out of my grasp and pushed me roughly against the door. Right into the doorknob. I cried out in pain, but he covered my mouth with his hand, preventing me from making a sound.