57

Nicholas

Elsa raised her brows in surprise and recognition of the name, making me wonder just how much she actually knew about Sienna. I sat down in front of her and rubbed my jaw in frustration while looking down at the floor.

“Sienna was your fiancée…” She stated, almost carefully. I nodded, my gaze returning to her.

“Who told you about her?” I’ve been trying to think of how she could have possibly gotten that information, but nothing came to my mind.

“Mr. Robert’s wife, Elena. She was surprised that you showed up with a date. She told me you showed up a few times with someone else, but she wasn’t too sure if you were engaged then made the assumption when she saw a ring on her finger.” Elsa explained, having me raise a brow.

Did she really know for this long?

“Why didn’t you ask me about her?” My eyes narrowed slightly. Elsa  was a curious woman. Too curious for her own sake, and it surprised me she hadn’t asked me about Sienna the minute she learned about her.

“I just figured you would tell me whenever you felt ready to talk about it.” She shrugged her shoulders.

“And  it’s not like I’m eager to hear who you have been with .” The corner of my mouth twitched slightly upwards as I watched her scowl, and see her eyes get filled with jealousy. I liked it when she got jealous. It let me see that possessive side of her, and fuck, I loved to tease her with her jealousy.

“Now that I think of it, I don’t think you would have told me about her if I asked. That day when my mom came back early from her trip, she was talking about Sienna, right?”

“Yes.” I watched her as she looked at her lap, biting down on her lip. It was a nervous trait of hers.

“Do you… still care about her?” Elsa asked hesitantly. I knew why she asked that because of how I reacted that day.

“Not in the way you think.” I observed her as her brows furrowed ever so slightly before she looked at me.

“What does that mean?”

“Come here.” I held out my hand for her to take. She got up and placed her and in mine. I grabbed her waist, pulling her down on my lap and holding her close. For three weeks I’ve been feeling a void inside of me because she wasn’t near me, and it almost felt unreal that I could hold her now.

Those honey brown  eyes that I loved so much looked at me, waiting for me to talk, and I knew it was time to tell her about that part of my life. I was over it, and there was no woman than her that I wanted.

“I have been raised and trained to be able to take over for my father one day. I have been following him around as he taught me everything that I needed to learn. When I was eighteen, I partially took over but wasn’t fully assigned the title of a Boss yet- I worked my ass off to improve everything, meaning more money flowed in, expanding territories, and investing in businesses. My father stepped down when I was twenty when he saw the results I made, and how I made the family name get quite… a reputation.” I looked at her. She was listening to every word, her eyes sparkling in curiosity, making me smile a little.

Always so curious.

“I had formed alliances with a family that would benefit us, and to strengthen the ties between the families, my father suggested to me to marry their daughter. I was twenty-three at the time when I eventually agreed, and then we got engaged. It wasn’t out of love, it was arranged and I did it purely because of business purposes because that was all that mattered to me.” I continued.