1.16

"Popo, the bazooka!" Popo quickly brings him the bazooka, then runs towards the group to avoid the line of fire. Scorpion takes the bazooka in his hands, and aims it at Ace.

"This is the end, Fire Fist!" he shouted as he light up the new ignition rope, that's attached to the bazooka, just before Dip and Chip cling to their father from behind.

"Stop dad!" Chip says as he starts tearing up.

"Boys?!" Scorpion looks down at his boys in shock.

"Please stop! We won't give up on our dreams!" Dip holds onto his father tighter in hopes to reason with his dad.

"I'm sorry for doubting you! Please, we don't want you to lose you!" Chip nods as he keeps a hold of his dad's overalls.

"We love you dad!" both brothers say simultaneously.

"I love you too!" Scorpion can only stay stoic for a moment before he drops the bazooka, and turns around to hug his sons.

The others watch in shock as the bazooka somersaults down the dune, and fires straight up to the tall rock next to then. The shot blows up the side of the rock, and causes the debris to fall towards Scorpion and his family. Luffy got ready to act, but Ace was faster, and blasted the rocks with his fire fist.

He manages to destroy not only the debris that was about to hit the family but also the whole rock behind him. The family stares at the burnt rock in awe while they looked at the thin whip of water around the three of them that had pulled them back. Scorpion quickly snaps out of it, and kneels in front of his sons.

"Are you two ok?!" the boys quickly nod before they tackle their father in a hug. Scorpion tears up at the affection before he wraps his arms around his boys "Thank you for coming to get me... What do you say we go home?"

"Yea..." the boys quickly answer, and refuse to let go. The rest of the group grins at the touching moment when Scorpion leaves the embrace and turns to Ace.

"Sorry about luring you out like this. I can give you some real information about where Blackbeard can be, to make it up to you" he tells the Whitebeard pirate.

"That would be great!" Ace's eyes widened at this before he widely smiles at him.

"The last I heard he's heading out west. I'm not sure what he's planning to do there though"

"This is still really helpful. Thank you very much"

"No problem" Scorpion gives him a small smile before he looks down at his kids "Let's go home boys"

The boys quickly nod, but before they head out Chopper runs up to them after hopping off of Sable.

"Wait, we need to take a look at your injuries Scorpion! Come with me!" Chopper leads him to a spot where he can get to work on healing the bounty hunter while the others relax.

It was nearly sunset when Chopper finished treating Scorpion's injuries, and the group has bid farewell to Scorpion's family. Now that Ace has learned that Blackbeard wasn't in Yuba, he decided that it was time for him to say his goodbyes as well.

"Are you really leaving Ace?" Chopper asks as he, and the others, watch Ace finish preparing to leave.

"Yea, since Blackbeard's not in Yuba, I have no reason to be here. Following Scorpion's lead will be my best bet in finding him" Ace nods with small smile, as he flings his bag over his shoulder. He digs into his pocket, and tosses something to his brother. Luffy catches the object in his hands then looks to see that it's a folded piece of paper.