3.05

Nami, her newly painted orange nails glinting in the room's soft light, extended a hand to help Anamaria settle beside them.

"Welcome to the nail art party, Ana!" Nami's voice was filled with warmth and enthusiasm at the thought of being able to doll the woman up.

The room was adorned with a rainbow of nail polish bottles, each shade more vibrant and inviting than the last. An array of colours sprawled across the floor like a painter's palette, an artistic playground awaiting their creativity.

Robin, the mischievous glint in her eyes undiminished, picked up a bottle of deep royal blue nail polish. Her skilled hands began to work their magic on Anamaria's left nails, her fingers dancing across Ana's scarred hands with grace.

As the soothing sensation of the brush against her nails enveloped her, Anamaria felt herself relax. It was a rare moment of calm in their adventurous lives.

Nami took care of the other hand in a dark yellow colour that looked more golden. The trio exchanged stories and laughter, the atmosphere in the room brimming with camaraderie.

For a brief moment, their cares and worries melted away, replaced by the simple joy of friendship and the artful indulgence of painting each other's nails. As the last stroke of nail polish was applied, Nami leaned back, admiring her handiwork on Anamaria's nails.

"Perfect!" she declared, her eyes shining with satisfaction.

Robin, with her signature grin, capped the nail polish bottle and placed it gently among the others.

"I need to go look at something" Robin told them "Don't wait for me"

Nami is slightly disappointed that Robin had to go, but she wants to keep the schedule fair, so she lets her go. Instead, she looks to the other pirate in front of her and gives her a curious look.

"Was this really your first time having your nails painted?" she asked the woman.

"Mhm. Where I'm from only royalty an rich peopl' had this kind o' things" Ana nodded her head as she inspected another of the things in front of her.

Nami grabs the bottles of nail polish and puts them back in her makeup cabinet, then looks for other stuff to use on both herself and Anamaria.

"I get that you don't like makeup, and have no interest in it, but it's important to know how to put it on" Nami said "If we need to put on disguises, this can be a useful skill. I can't tell you how many times these skills helped in my thieving days" Nami answers as she grabs each piece of makeup tool she can find from lipstick to a case of eye shadow. Nami sits across from Ana and sets the tools in front of her.

Nami can tell that her friend is still unsure about this, so she gives her one more reason to let her practice her makeup skills on her.

"You know you're already very beautiful Ana but why don't you put on makeup more often?"

"I never 'ad too much free time between running away from the government and other pirates" Anamaria shrugged as the soft brushes against her eyelids were making her more and more sleepy.

"Alright then, I've got an idea. You practice on me, and I'll practice on you?" Nami nods with a smile of victory when Ana agreed, as she picks up a stick of pink lipstick and opens the cap "Let's get to work!"

Ф

After fifteen minutes of the two girls having their makeover, Sanji was walking towards his own room until he heard a shriek and opened the girls' bedroom door only to see Nami looking at the mirror with a horrified look on her blotched face from all the messed up makeup on her face.