•Running•

Luke Combs - Outrunnin' Your Memory

Running: the action or movement of a runner.

•••••|
Elio's Pov

You could never really outrun your past , someway , somehow it'll eventually catch up to you.

Mines caught up with me the moment i saw those dark irises staring back at me .

Years ago i had run away and never planned on returning back . When you were born into the mafia there was no getting out , the only way was to die .

I'd chosen to die when i ran away , assassin's was constantly trying to take my life for leaving and it was all thanks to the current don and his father .

Dario knew or thought i wouldn't last in the streets alone . Hell he looked surprised to see me when we did make eye contact.

Yet when i looked into those eyes of vittores i saw nothing but a lost adult . The frown he wore made him look as if he was stressed out .

The way his phone kept going off was most certainly pissing him off , I wanted to break his phone.

Why did i care ? My answer is i don't know .

"You have a bad staring problem" Dominic said as he bumped my shoulder . I knew what he was trying to do which was rile me up , back then i had a short temper but with alot of practice i was cool , calm and collected.

"Fuck off dickface i don't want your herpes on me" he glared at me . Back when we were kids that glare would have made me piss on myself but now i just stared back at him with a raised brow.

I was a grown man now and if anyone of them thought i would take their shit they were entirely wrong.

"Little elio grew balls huh" he said said but i could hear the irritation in his tone .

"Leave him alone Dominic or I'll tell auntie" Vittoria said and Dominic flipped her off "no one likes a snitch" he said and she shrugged "no one likes a manwhore with stds" then she pulled me away .

We sat in silence for about ten minutes before Vittoria stood up and started to pace

"Why did you leave, are you still in love with vittore , you know he isn't gay still , right? , Are you okay , how did you survive on your own"

After her rant she took multiple deep breaths as she stared at me waiting for my answers .

"Do you remember the night of the gala when i left" I asked and she nodded "Vittore and i fought that's how i received my busted lip anyway he told me he didn't like men but he kissed me and got mad immediately after"

She gasps and i nodded "he said he'd kill me so i left" . Vittoria sat down beside me and laid her head on my shoulder

"I'm sorry that happened to you , why didn't you tell me , why'd you just leave without letting me know" .

I shrugged "I guess i didn't have time".

After my two hour talk with Vittoria she fell asleep and i left her room quietly.

"Where are you going".

I jumped at the deep voice of vittore. I slowly turned around to face him he looked ... Beautiful, fascinating even.

"Mind the business that pays you" i said with a tilt of my head.

Why the fuck did he need to know where i was going , i was a grown ass man I didn't need to tell anyone of my whereabouts.

"A smart mouth gets you nowhere" I shrugged and pulled the door open preparing to walk out - that is until i was pulled back into a hard chest.

Every breath he took tickled my neck in the best way possible "I ask a question and you Answer understand"

I scoffed and struggled to push him off me but that only resulted in my butt hitting his very hard erection, a unexpected gasps left my lips .

"Mmhm always the runner huh" he muttered quietly as he held my hips tightly "anytime you run I'll always find you.

•••••••
As soon as i entered my apartment i immediately pulled out a bag and started stuffing clothes into them .

I was going to run again. I couldn't live a life of being watched every second or being a target .

I was feeling too much and i couldn't stop the trembling of my fingers

"I knew you would try" my heart fell to my ass , I knew he would come for me , I knew he would try to stop me . I just didn't know he would come this soon

But for what reason, why couldn't he just leave me alone.

"What do you want from me" i asked as i held the bag over my shoulder. "For you to stop running away from me, have you not learned your lesson" he asked .

I stayed rooted to my spot not wanting to face the demon of my dreams . He once was everything i ever wanted but he only played with my feelings to the point i was ready to end it all .

"Leave" I command but it's as if he heard the opposite. I didn't hear him but all of a sudden he was behind me

"What makes you think I'd leave you alone" he asked as his hands trailed my back and down to my butt . I instantly moved out of his hold .

"I hate you" i spat and he took a step back as if i physically had hurt him "if you leave your dead" he said then left out of the door that i had locked.

Ten years ago

I sat inside of the large restroom as i cleaned my busted elbow, Dominic had pushed me down and i scraped my elbow on the concrete.

That dickhead didn't care that i was bleeding, they all only laughes in my face like i wasn't human.

The door to the bathroom opened and vittore stepped inside .

He grabbed the wet towel and took over with helping me clean my busted elbow

"Are you okay" he asked and i nodded "why did you let them" i asked quietly "I'm sorry" he said and i shrugged.

He always said he was sorry but never did anything to protect me nor was he innocent.

He turned me to face him and i blinked up at him , he was tall .

"Can-uh- can i kiss you" my eyes widen but nevertheless i nodded , slowly we leaned in until his soft lips met mines .

We quickly pulled back , but the regret he held on his face told me this would never happen again.