Chapter 14 - Rekindled Romance

Chloe hadn't spoken to Max since the situation at the cottage so she didn't know how he was. She had been told that he hadn't been into school in over a week, she also knew Aubree and Isla were missing him.

Charlotte could see how miserable Chloe was without Max, it reminded her of when they had first moved to Scotland. She didn't want Chloe to end up drinking again. That day she sat downstairs with Chloe while Aubree and Taitlyn were playing upstairs and Isla and Lillie were out with Rachel and Eddie and Tom was upstairs with TJ "Chloe are you okay?" Chloe nodded "yeah" Charlotte smiled "good" Chloe sighed, she was determined to not let the tears get to her "I'll go and check on the girls" Chloe nodded.

Tom was sitting on the bed with TJ and Charlotte came in "everything okay?" Charlotte sighed "Chloe's heartbroken down there, she misses Max like mad" Tom put TJ into the cot and pulled Charlotte into a hug "what Max did was unforgiveable" Charlotte sighed and snuggled into Tom "I can't help but think this was my fault".

Chloe overheard Charlotte say what happened with Max was her own fault, that wasn't true. Sighing to herself she made her way downstairs "Mummy, I want to see Daddy" Chloe could see the upset in Aubree's eyes "I know you do" Aubree started crying "I miss him Mummy"  Chloe hugged her daughter "shh, you can see him soon" Charlotte came down "Chloe, Is Aubree okay?" Chloe sighed "she's fine, can you keep an eye on her? There's something I need to do" Charlotte smiled "seeing him?" Chloe nodded "I need too, I need to know why" Charlotte nodded and hugged her "good luck".

Chloe arrived at the house and saw Max's car so she knew he was in, she used her keys to let herself in "Max?" there was no reply so she walked into the living room and saw him sitting on the sofa with an empty bottle of vodka next to him, he looked like he hadn't shaved "Max?" Max looked up "what are you doing here?" Chloe sighed "I came to find out why you did it, but I can see that you're not yourself so I'll go" Chloe went to leave when Max spoke "wait"  Chloe stopped "I don't know why I did it but what I do know is that I regret it" Chloe sighed "you look like crap" Max nodded "this last week has been hard without you" Chloe faintly smiled "go sort yourself out, I'll clean up down here and then we'll talk" Max nodded.

Max came back down looking refreshed "you look better" Max smiled "I've missed you" Chloe sighed "I missed you too but what you did hurt me" Max nodded "I know, I'm sorry" Chloe looked him "Aubree misses you and Isla" Max smiled "I miss them" Chloe sighed "why did you do it?" Max looked at her "I was angry, you seemed to care more about Charlotte and Tom's relationship rather than ours" Chloe had to admit he had a point "you should trust that I love you" Max looked at her "come back" Chloe sighed "it's too soon Max".

Chloe left Max's and went back to Charlotte and Tom's, when she got there she saw her Mum's car which meant Isla and Lillie were back. Entering she saw Rachel glaring "what?" Rachel heard about what had happened with Max and Charlotte therefore she wanted Chloe to keep away from Max "I told you not to go to Max again didn't I?" Chloe frowned "oh Mum hush, I know you're loving this but I still love him and there's nothing you can do to stop that" Rachel sighed "Chloe, he took advantage of Charlotte! How can you still love him?" Chloe shrugged "I don't know but I do and I always will".

Max would do whatever it took to get Chloe and his daughters back. He knew he had to apologise to Charlotte for what happened and he also knew that he would have to make it up to Chloe big time.

Charlotte knew Chloe wanted to be back with Max so she had a plan, she walked upstairs to Tom "Chloe's missing Max so we need to do something" Tom nodded "get Chloe's phone and text Max and then we'll send Chloe to a restaurant" Charlotte smiled and she went downstairs "Chloe can I borrow your phone? Mine's out of credit" Chloe nodded and handed Charlotte her phone and Charlotte text Max pretending to be Chloe -

Chloe - Meet me tonight, restaurant by the beach where Tom and Charlotte went. X

Max - Okay.

Charlotte deleted the texts in case Chloe looked "Chloe, shall we go for a drink tonight?" Chloe shrugged "whatevs" Charlotte grinned "good, I'll meet you at the restaurant where me and Tom went a few weeks ago" Chloe nodded and she left.

Charlotte watched as left, she didn't take her car so she took a cab "I hope this works" Tom kissed her "it will".

Chloe arrived at the restaurant and saw Max "what are you doing here?" Max frowned "you sent a message, asking to meet you here" Chloe frowned "no I didn't" Max showed Chloe the text and she realised what had happened "Charlotte set this up" Max smirked "I'm glad she did".

Charlotte and Tom had just put all five kids to bed and Charlotte's phone went off -

Chloe - I know what u did ;) thanks Xx

Charlotte - You're welcome, I want you too be happy Xx

Chloe - :) I'll pick the girls up later Xx

Charlotte - They're fast asleep, leave it till tomorrow Xx

Chloe - If you're sure Xx

Charlotte - Yes, go + enjoy your night Xx

Chloe - You're awesome Xx

Charlotte grinned "that was Chloe, she's picking the girls up tomorrow" Tom nodded "I take it she'll be staying with Max tonight" Charlotte smiled "I think she is" Tom kissed Charlotte and pulled her up to the  bedroom.

Chloe left the restaurant with Max "so are you going back to Charlotte's?" Chloe looked at him "do you want me too?" Max shook his head "I want you at home with me, in our bed" Chloe nodded "let's go then".

Chloe and Max arrived back at the house and Max wasted no time in kissing her, she kissed him back with passion "you sure you wanna do this?" Chloe nodded "yeah, I missed you" Max kissed her again and took her upstairs.

Charlotte lay in bed while Tom went to check on TJ. When he came back in Charlotte had fallen asleep so Tom climbed in next to her and fell asleep after kissing her.

Chloe and Max lay in bed together "I think you should come back here" Chloe grinned "I will" Max kissed her before they both fell asleep.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
A/N - this is for StrangeDesires.

Hope you liked