Chapter 77 - Nights In

A/N ~ Let me know what you think.

Charlotte hadn't spoken to Tom since he told her that he had gotten another girl pregnant. She didn't want too either, he had hurt her so much "Mummy, where's my daddy?"

"At his house," Charlotte told Taitlyn.

As it was the weekend Chloe and Max were sitting on the sofa under the fleece blanket. Aubree and Isla were still in bed "have you spoken to Charlotte?" "I haven't," Chloe admitted. Max nodded. Chloe glared at him.

"Are you still sticking up for Tom?" Chloe asked. Max sighed.

"Does it matter?" Max asked. Chloe got up.

"Yes it matters!" Chloe yelled. She went upstairs to wake Aubree and Isla Max went up after her "you're not listening" Chloe rolled her eyes and ignored him "Chloe, listen"

"What? Why stick up for him?! What about Charlotte?"

Aubree came out of her bedroom "stop arguing. I don't like it"

Chloe puck her up "sorry baby, daddy thinks he knows best again". Aubree looked at Max

"Be nice daddy".

Tom sat at home in the kitchen nursing a hangover. Charlotte hated him and he was pretty sure. She wouldn't forgive him.

Eddie pulled up outside of Tom's to try and get the truth from him. Knocking the door Eddie frowned when Tom answered obviously hung over "we need to talk".

Charlotte and the kids had gone over to Chloe and Max's and Charlotte sat with Max while Chloe made drinks Things were tense between them and neither spoke to each other. Chloe came back and sighed. Before she could talk the doorbell rang. It was Tom and Eddie.

"He's here to explain things to Charlotte and to you two. Just let him explain it," Eddie said. They all nodded. Eddie left.

Tom sat down beside Charlotte. Charlotte moved down a bit.

"I'm sorry. Just let me explain," Tom said. Charlotte just nodded "I know what I did was wrong, she's having my baby though. I'm not gonna miss out on my kids life because the kid isn't yours" Charlotte was trying to hold back the tears

"You hurt me Tom, I had just forgotten the affair and you tell me that," Charlotte was heartbroken. Tom sighed as Aubree came over to Max and she tugged at his trousers "Daddy, play with me," Aubree said. Charlotte took Aubree to play with her and Taitlyn. Chloe glared at Tom.

"We're having a talk while they're not here," Chloe said. Tom sighed and nodded.

Max and Charlotte played with the kids.

"Chloe and I bought some beer if you wanted to stay over later?" Max asked. Charlotte nodded "Thanks, I may need to drink. Take my stress away". Max smiled sympathetically at her

I don't know if Tom is staying," Max told her and she nodded

I don't want him too".

Chloe and Charlotte were taking the kids to the park for an hour so Tom was staying with Max until Charlotte came back.

"I want Charlotte to forgive me but she won't," Tom said to Max.

"You need to do something Tom, this is affecting my marriage"

"I know, I'm sorry"

Max sighed and looked at Isla who was sitting on the grass alone and he walked over to her

Tom grabbed his mobile and rang Emma.

"Hey baby," Emma said.

"Is the baby mine?" Tom asked.