Chapter 68 - Bad News.

A/N ~ So, I'm gonna be killing off a character in this chapter. Not a main character but someone Chloe and Charlotte were close too.

Let me know any ideas you have
•~•~•~•~•~•

Chloe and Max had been thinking about taking Aubree and Isla on holiday for a week and they were planning on asking Charlotte and Tom if they wanted to bring their kids.

That morning Chloe sat in bed with Max on the laptop looking at places they could go "it has to be family friendly and something for the kids to do" Max nodded "Devon?" Chloe grinned and nodded "South Devon, it's beautiful there" Max typed in Holiday sites in South Devon' and he wrapped an arm around Chloe "I'd much rather be doing something else" Chloe grinned and winked "like what?" Max smirked and he put the laptop down "I'll show you" Max moved Chloe so she was lying down "we shouldn't be doing this" Max looked down at Chloe "why not?" Before Chloe could speak there was a tiny knock at the door "that's why" Max got off Chloe and the bedroom door knocked again "yeah?" The bedroom door opened and Aubree came in "I had a naughty dream" Chloe motioned for Aubree to come over to the bed and she put her under the duvet. Aubree soon fell to sleep again.

Charlotte had found out that she might not be able to carry this baby to term which worried her, she didn't want to lose this baby. Tom had been making hints that he wanted to move in with Charlotte but she didn't know if she was ready for that yet, she loved him but she didn't want to ruin the relationship.

Chloe and Max left Aubree in their bed and they went downstairs "have you spoken to Charlotte?" Chloe turned to Max and she nodded "yeah I have" Max nodded "we should get ready to leave".

Chloe and Max had taken Aubree and Isla to school and to playgroup and they made their way to the school. When they got there Lorna came over "Chloe, Year 11 girl Ashlyn Morris, she went into labour this morning" Chloe turned to Lorna "how do you know?" "Her parents called this morning, they asked to speak with you but you weren't in yet so I took a message" Chloe nodded "thanks, I'll call her parents soon" Lorna turned and walked back into the school.

Charlotte and Tom arrived at school as Charlotte was shadowing Tom for the day to get in the swing of things "I am so nervous" Tom smiled "you'll be fine, Chloe's here" "Chloe knows what she's doing".

Chloe was sitting in Max's office because she had a free "how come I always end up in this office with you?" Max smirked "you love it in here" Chloe started laughing "wow, that the only reason?" Max nodded "what else would there be?" Chloe grinned and she winked.

Charlotte was sort of enjoying being in school again. She had never thought that she would be a teaching assistant especially to Tom. While Tom was teaching Charlotte was helping a year 7 girl who was being bullied "you don't need to help me" Charlotte smiled "I want too, everyone needs some help. What's your name?" The young girl smiled "Leah" Charlotte grinned "I love that name" Leah smiled "I don't get this" Charlotte grinned and she helped Leah with the work she didn't understand.

_A Few Hours  Later_

Max was about to pack up when he received a phonecall -

Call Begins

Max - Max Tyler, Waterloo Road?

Parent - Hi, this is Ashlyn Morris' mother I have some bad news

Max - What news would that be?

Parent - Ashlyn died during childbirth. She lost a lot of blood

Max - Okay, I'm sorry for your loss. I'll inform the staff

Parent - Actually, Ashlyn had a letter for Mrs Tyler, would I be able to drop it off tomorrow?

Max - That will be fine.

Call Ends.

Max hung up and sighed. He needed to tell the staff so he sent Sonya to inform them all to stay behind.

Once all the staff was there Max spoke "I received a phonecall earlier and it was bad news" Chloe frowned and Max spoke again "Ashlyn Morris died in child birth earlier today" Chloe wad shocked "poor kid, she was only sixteen".

Chloe was waiting in the car while Max went to get Aubree and Isla. When he came back with Aubree Isla had fallen asleep "are you alright?" Chloe shrugged "I'm fine, not me who died giving birth" Max sighed "Chloe, she lost alot of blood".

Tom made dinner round at Charlotte's "Tom, you're an amazing cook" Tom smirked "I like to think I can make a mean meal" Charlotte laughed and kissed Tom in a passionate embrace.

Max was washing up after dinner while Chloe put the girls to bed. When she came back down Max made her some coffee "drink this" Chloe took the cup from him and she downed it.

Tom was staying over that night so they put the kids to bed and climbed into bed themselves "I can't wait to meet this baby" Charlotte grinned "me either" Tom kissed her and they both fell asleep happy to be in each others arms.

Chloe and Max went up to bed and Chloe was trying to not cry. Max pulled Chloe into his arms "the baby survived" Chloe nodded and they both fell asleep.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
A/N ~ Well this took ages haha. Oh well it's posted xD

Let me know your thoughts and any ideas you have.

Hope you liked.

Bye for now
xoxo