Chapter 19 - A Drunken Confession

Chloe had been confused about what to do regarding her Nan in Hospital, part of her wanted to go and say goodbye but the other part of her couldn't forgive her Nan for what she said at her Dad's funeral.

That morning Chloe sat downstairs thinking about what to do. She didn't know how long she had been sitting there when Max came up behind her "problem?" Chloe turned to him "no, just thinking" Max nodded "about?" Chloe sighed "my Nan, I don't know weather to go and see her or not" Max looked at her "do what you think" Chloe groaned "that doesn't help" Max smirked and kissed her.

Charlotte had moved back into Tom's house and he had eventually accepted the fact that Charlotte was writing a book and that he was getting old. Charlotte had just done the washing up "I'm so glad you're back here" Charlotte smiled "me too, It was weird with Eddie and Rachel, they were acting to lovey dovey" Tom laughed "Max text, he invited me over for a drink tonight" Charlotte smiled "you should go, be nice" Tom nodded "I think I will".

Max hadn't told Chloe about Tom coming over so he decided to tell her "I invited Tom over tonight for a drink" Chloe looked up from playing with Isla "okay, what about Charlotte?" Max smirked "men only" Chloe rolled her eyes "well thanks I'll be surrounded by men and kids" Max pulled Chloe from the floor and kissed her "you'll be fine" Chloe mock-glared "so kind to me you are" Max kissed her "I can be kind in other ways" Chloe raised her eyebrows "oh yeah?" Max nodded "of course, I thought you knew that" Chloe smirked "maybe I forgot" Max smirked "I can remind you if you like" Chloe shrugged "maybe".

Charlotte had just tidied up "are you sure you don't mind me going over Max and Chloe's without you?" Charlotte smiled "yeah, I'm gonna have a relaxul evening with the kids" Tom nodded and kissed her "you're amazing" Charlotte smiled "not to bad yourself Clarky" Tom laughed and went upstairs to get changed.

Chloe was getting Aubree and Isla changed for bed when Max came in "Daddy, Mummy says I can have a rabbit" Chloe inwardly groaned "did she now?" Aubree nodded "I can keep it in my bed so when I get cold and you and Mummy are being naughty I can cuddle him" Max smirked and Chloe was struggling to hide her laughter "can I have one?" Max again smirked "maybe" Aubree grinned "yay".

Tom arrived at Max and Chloe's and he text Charlotte -

Tom - I don't know how long I'll be tonight so don't wait up  Xx

Charlotte - Okay, have fun Xx

Tom smiled at the texts, he loved Charlotte to bits and he never wanted to lose her again. Max and Tom were in the kitchen talking while Chloe was watching TV. "Tom, I think I should apologise for what happened at the cottage" Tom smiled "thanks".

A couple of hours later Tom and Max were sitting out in the garden so they didn't wake  Aubree and Isla. Chloe was getting bored so she made her way outside "having fun?" Max pulled Chloe onto his lap "of course" Chloe could tell Tom was drunk "the things Charlotte does to me in bed could keep me up all night" Chloe frowned and Tom spoke again "one of the things she does, keeps me grinning" Chloe stood and made her way inside.

Charlotte had just sat down on the sofa when her phone rang, looking she saw it was Chloe -

Call Begins

Charlotte - Hiya Chloe, what's up?

Chloe - It's Tom and he's incredibly drunk and saying stuff about what you do to him in bed.

Charlotte - What? Tell him to come home.

Chloe - That's the thing, he's too drunk to drive.

Charlotte - Okay, I'll sort the kids out and come fetch him. Thanks for calling

Chloe - No worries, see you soon
Call Ends

Charlotte hung up and made her way upstairs, she had to wake the kids up in order to go and pick Tom up "Mummy, what's going on?" Charlotte smiled "we need to go and get Daddy" Taitlyn nodded "okay Mummy".

Chloe was stood outside waiting for Charlotte. When she pulled up Chloe could tell she had been crying "where is he?" Chloe sighed "back garden with Max" Charlotte nodded and she went in to fetch Tom while Chloe went to keep an eye on the kids.

Charlotte came out holding up a drunken Tom "thanks for calling Chloe" Chloe faintly smiled "text me" Charlotte nodded "okay, see you".

Max was worried about Charlotte and Tom "I think we should go and check on Tom and Charlotte" Chloe looked up from her magazine "yeah?" Max nodded "yeah, you saw the state Tom was in" Chloe sighed "you go wake the sleeping beauties and I'll make myself look decent" Max nodded.

As it was nearing 11pm Aubree was not happy about being woken and she fell asleep in the car. When they were outside Chloe and Max got out the car and Max got Aubree while Chloe  got Isla, Chloe noticed the door was unlocked so she opened it "Tom, come on help yourself" Tom was too drunk to know what he was doing so he fell on top of Charlotte "take them into the living room" Chloe nodded and she led Aubree into the living room while Max helped Tom "he needs a shower, he had an accident" Max sighed "let him sleep it off tonight" Charlotte nodded.

Chloe was keeping an eye on the five kids and Taitlyn was scared "where's my Mummy?" Chloe smiled "she's taking your Daddy to bed" Taitlyn nodded "okay". Charlotte and Max came down "Tom's in bed" Chloe smiled "is he okay?" Charlotte nodded "yeah, I'm sleeping in the spare room tonight" Chloe smiled "we should head back but text if you need me" Charlotte smiled and Chloe puck Aubree up while Max had Isla in his arms. Chloe and Max had gone so Charlotte put the kids to bed and she went to bed herself, annoyed at what Tom had said tonight.

Chloe and Max had just settled Aubree and Isla in bed and then climbed into their bed "I think tomorrow you should go and see Charlotte" Chloe nodded "yeah, I was gonna" Max kissed her and they both fell asleep.