Chapter 17 - Planning To Leave

A/N - This is for StrangeDesires. She's given me an amazing idea for this chapter.

I'll try and update my other stories but like I say, I only update when I've got ideas for the story.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Chloe had woken early that day in order to talk to Charlotte about her realtionship with Tom. Heading downstairs she saw Max walking into the kitchen so she followed him "what are you planning?" Max turned to her "you'll see" Chloe grinned "Max, talk" Max winked and left the kitchen leaving Chloe confused as to why he winked.

Charlotte sat in the living room waiting for Chloe to turn up and help her with Tom. It was 11am when Chloe arrived "okay, let's cut this crap, what's going on?" Charlotte sighed "Tom is being weird with me, I don't know why either" Chloe rolled her eyes "Charl, I love you I do but I can't keep doing this, repairing your relationship, it's doing my head in" Charlotte frowned "I never asked for you to help" Chloe rolled her eyes "according to Eddie you wanted my help" Charlotte stood "look I'm sorry for damaging your relationship with Max but I don't know what to do" Chloe sighed "Charl, everytime he's distant with you just be the same with him" Charlotte shrugged "whatever" Chloe scoffed "I've had enough, sort it out" Charlotte rolled her eyes "whatever" Chloe was getting annoyed "in future leave me out of it" Charlotte glared "I will, bye" Chloe went to hit her when Eddie took hold of her "woah, calm down" Chloe got Eddie off her and walked out.

Chloe returned home and saw Max in the living room with Aubree and Isla "a letter came for you" Chloe nodded "okay cool" Max stood and handed Chloe the letter, she opened the envelope and read it -

Chloe,

This may come as a shock but its your Nan, she's in Hospital. She is in critical condition. It's not looking good.

I know I said some horrid things at your Dad's funeral but I was angry. I love you and you're my beautiful niece. Your Nan's condition is serious and it looks like she won't be around for much longer, I know she'd want to see you before she passes.

I hope you find it in your heart to come

Aunt Carol
xxxx

After reading the letter Chloe screwed it up and threw it in the bin "problem?" Chloe scoffed "my Nan is in Hospital, my Aunt wants me to go and see her" Max sighed "maybe you should" Chloe rolled her eyes "no thanks, I'll live if I don't see her" Max looked at Chloe "you'll regret it if you don't" Chloe shrugged "I won't".

Charlotte sat at home with Eddie and she spoke "I wanna go back to Rochdale" Eddie frowned "what do you mean?" Charlotte sighed "after what's happened with Tom, Max and Chloe I don't think I can stay here anymore" Eddie watched as Charlotte stood and made her way upstairs.

~ The Next Day ~

Chloe was refusing to speak about her Nan, she didn't want too either. Aubree was out in the garden in the playhouse that Chloe had brought for her, Isla was asleep and Max had gone out. Chloe was thinking about the letter when she heard Aubree start crying so she stood from the sofa and ran outside "Aubree?" "Mummy I fell over" Chloe sighed "come here" Aubree came over and Chloe saw the graze on her leg "come on, I'll get your leg all better".

Charlotte had spent the whole morning packing hers, and the kids stuff "look you don't need to leave" Charlotte sighed "Eddie, apart from you and Rachel I have no-one here, Chloe hates me" Eddie took a bag from Charlotte "you can't leave, I'll miss you" Charlotte smiled "I'll miss you too but it's for the best".

Max had returned around 6pm "you've been gone ages" Max smirked "I was planning something for your birthday" Chloe frowned "Max, tell me" Max just kissed her and walked into the living room.

Chloe had just put the girls to bed and she went downstairs to sit with Max "what are you planning then? Because I happen to hate stuff I don't know" Max smirked and pulled Chloe onto his lap "I don't think I should tell you" Chloe groaned "Max tell me" Max said nothing but he began kissing her neck "you're tempting" Max moved Chloe so she was lying on the sofa "I thought I said not down here anymore" Max smirked "well I'd rather not wait" Chloe groaned as Max started kissing her again and he began undressing her.

Rachel pulled up outside Chloe and Max's, she knew Chloe would be able to talk Charlotte out of leaving. She knew Aubree and Isla would be in bed. Knocking the door she heard giggling so she tried the door handle and noticed the door was unlocked so she walked in "Chloe?" Rachel heard more giggling coming from the living room, she walked in and paled "Chloe?".

Chloe pushed Max off her "Mum? What are you doing here?" Rachel sighed "I came to talk to you, I'll wait until you're both decent" Chloe sarcastically smiled "gee thanks" Rachel walked out the living room and Chloe and Max got dressed "we'll finish this tonight" Chloe rolled her eyes "I'll go see what she wants" Max nodded and Chloe left the living room to speak with her Mum while Max tidied up.

"What's this about?" Rachel sighed "I think you know what it's about" Chloe groaned "I'm not gonna listen if you're talking about that woman" Rachel frowned "you need too" Chloe scoffed "you interupt me and Max to tell me I need to see her?" Rachel rolled her eyes "Chloe listen you need to otherwise Charlotte is going to leave" Chloe turned to her Mum "Charlotte's leaving?" Rachel nodded "she's planning on it, Eddie doesn't want her too, and I'm hoping that you can help convince her not to" Chloe sighed "fine".

Rachel went outside while Chloe went to speak with Max "I'll be back soon" Max frowned "where are you going?" Chloe sighed "I'm going to talk Charlotte out of leaving and when I'm back we can continue what we were doing before we were interupted" Max smirked and kissed her "hurry" Chloe winked.

Charlotte had just finished packing her stuff when Chloe came in "you're not leaving" Charlotte looked up "I think I should, no-one wants me here" Chloe sighed "I do, you were there for me when Max wasn't so of course I want you here" Charlotte turned to Chloe "you don't mean that" Chloe nodded "I do, look Charl, you're my sister and I need you" Charlotte felt tears in her eyes "really?" Chloe nodded "yeah so if you leave I'll miss you heaps" Charlotte smiled "okay, I'll stay" Chloe grinned "good, I've missed my bestie" Charlotte smiled as Chloe pulled her into a hug "I should go, I promised Max we'd finish what we were doing" Charlotte laughed "have fun".

Charlotte had told Eddie that she was staying which he couldn't have been more happier about. After dinner that night Charlotte put the kids to bed and went to bed herself.

When Chloe returned Max wasted no time in pulling her up to the bedroom "eager aren't you?" Max kissed her and pushed her onto the bed. A couple hours later they both fell asleep.