Chapter 16 - Being Distant

Charlotte had noticed that Tom had been distant with her lately and she didn't know why, she knew it wasn't because of what happened with Max as that had all been sorted and Max had apologised.

Charlotte went downstairs that morning and she tried to kiss Tom but he pushed her away "Tom?" Tom said nothing as he walked upstairs.

Max and Chloe had been more affectionate towards each other. As it was only 6am Chloe and Max were sitting on the sofa "I think this is too early to be awake" Max smirked "it's 6am" Chloe nodded "yeah, way too early to be awake, especially on half term" Max looked at Chloe and her "what was that for?" "do I need a reason to kiss my wife?" Chloe grinned "I suppose not" Max smirked "well then".

Charlotte didn't want to stay with Tom if he was being distant so she decided to call Eddie -

Call Begins

Eddie - Hiya Charlotte, is everything okay?

Charlotte - Not really, I was wondering if me and the kids could come and stay with you and Rachel for a bit

Eddie - Yeah of course, do you need help sorting stuff out?

Charlotte - No, I'll be fine. I'll be there shortly.

Eddie - Okay, See you soon
Call Ends.

Charlotte hung up and sighed "Taitlyn we're going to stay with Granddad and Rachel" Taitlyn looked up and grinned "yay! are Lillie and TJ going too?" Charlotte nodded and she began sorting the stuff out that she would be taking with her.

Chloe was taking Aubree and Isla to the park for an hour while Max caught up on paperwork "Daddy are you coming?" Max shook his head "no" Aubree nodded "okay" Chloe puck Isla up "Aubree, come on" Aubree giggled and went out to the car.

Charlotte arrived at Eddie and Rachel's "Taitlyn can you hold Lillie's hand while I carry TJ?" Taitlyn nodded and Charlotte got Lillie out while Taitlyn climbed out herself "come on Lillie".

Tom returned home from his drive and he saw that Charlotte's car wasn't there, he walked into the house and saw a piece of paper so he puck it up and read it - 

Tom,

I've gone to stay with Eddie, you're being distant with me and I don't know what I've done. I don't know how long I'll be gone for but if you wanna see the kids then contact Eddie.

Sorry.
Charlotte.

Sighing to himself he knew he was wrong to be distant with her but he thought he was getting old and she might not want to be with him anymore, he would go and talk to Chloe and Max about this but thought he shouldn't due to the arguments that had occured before.

Charlotte was sitting with Eddie on the sofa "so, do you wanna tell me what's happened?" Charlotte sighed "Tom's being distant with me" Eddie frowned "how come?" Charlotte shrugged "I don't know" Eddie sighed "I'll go and talk to him" Charlotte nodded "thanks, I just don't know what's wrong" Eddie again sighed "I might be wrong but it could be what happened with Max" Charlotte shook her head "that's all been sorted, Max apologised" Eddie nodded "I'll go and talk to Tom now".

Eddie arrived outside Tom's house and made his way up the path, Tom answered and smiled at Eddie "we need to talk" Tom invited him in "what is the reason you're being distant with Charlotte?" Tom sighed "It's completely stupid" "come on, talk" Tom sat down "Charlotte won't want me, I'm getting old" Eddie sighed "Charlotte loves you, I can see that. In fact everyone can see that" Tom looked at the picture of Taitlyn,Lillie and TJ that was hung up above the fireplace and sighed "I couldn't go and speak with Chloe or Max because of the rows before, I love her Eddie"

Chloe was loving the time with Aubree and Isla in the park "Mummy, I'm hungry" Chloe smiled "shall we go and get some food?" Aubree nodded so Chloe walked over to where Isla was "come on baby" "hi Aubree" Chloe looked up and saw Maria and her daughter Jayde "hi Jayde" Chloe puck Isla up "hello Chloe" Chloe smiled at Maria "hiya, Aubree we're going now" Aubree nodded "bye".

Charlotte had just put  TJ down for a nap and went to speak with Rachel "hi Rachel" Rachel smiled "is he okay?" Charlotte nodded "yeah, have you spoken to Chloe at all?" Rachel shook her head and sighed "she doesn't seem to understand that Max is only going to hurt her" Charlotte smiled "I think Max does truly love Chloe, they've been together nearly 5years".

Chloe returned home and she noticed Aubree was looking tired "Aubree are you tired?" Aubree nodded "yeah" Chloe smiled and she took Isla from the car "you can have some dinner then you  can go to bed" Aubree nodded "thank you Mummy".

Charlotte had just ate dinner "do you know when Eddie is coming back?" Rachel shook her head "no, he should be back soon" Charlotte nodded "I'm gonna put the girls and TJ to bed and then have an early night" Rachel smiled "night love" "night".

Eddie had just pulled up outside Chloe and Max's, he hadn't spoken to Chloe or Max in ages so he had no idea how Chloe would react to him being there, he looked at his phone and saw that it was 8:30pm so he hoped Aubree and Isla would be asleep. Chloe answered the door "Eddie?" Eddie smiled "I need to talk too you" Chloe frowned "about what?" Eddie sighed "Charlotte and Tom" Chloe inwardly groaned "what's happened?" "Charlotte and the kids are staying with me and your Mum" Chloe frowned "why?" "Tom's being distant with her" Chloe sighed "why now?" "Tom thinks he's getting old and he thinks Charlotte won't want him" Chloe nodded "look, I'm busy now but I'll talk to Charlotte tomorrow" Eddie nodded "okay".

Tom went to bed that night feeling stupid, he should have known Charlotte wouldn't leave him because of age. Sighing to himself he would talk to her tomorrow.

Chloe went up to bed leaving Max downstairs, she'd sort out Tom and Charlotte tomorrow. Max came up and Chloe was still awake "you're still awake?" Chloe nodded "too cold" Max smirked as he undressed and climbed into bed next to her "have fun today?" Chloe nodded "yeah, bumped into the woman who thinks Aubree's hair is dyed" Max smirked again and kissed Chloe before they both fell asleep.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
A/N - I update stories when I have ideas for them.

At the moment I have no ideas for any of my stories.

Let me know if you have any ideas for this.

Hope you liked. Xo