Chapter 50 - Trying To Help.

Charlotte had stopped taking her medication again although no-one had worked it out yet. Since it had been revealed that Tom was cheating on her Charlotte hadn't spoken to him and she didn't want too. He had broken her heart.

Chloe had been watching Tom while she was at the school and she had the feeling regretted what he did. As it was lunchtime Chloe was sitting with Max in his office "have you spoken to Charlotte?" Chloe nodded "I text her, she doesn't seem herself" Max sighed "she was being cheated on, I'm not surprised" Chloe was about to speak when Tom came in "I need to speak with Charlotte" Chloe looked up "I don't think she wants to speak with you" Tom sighed "Chloe, what if it was Max who cheated?" Chloe rolled her eyes "I'd never speak to him again" Max smirked "Chloe, Charlotte and the kids are everything to me, please" Chloe shook her head "no".

Charlotte sat at home with the kids and Rachel came in "Charlotte, do you know how Chloe is?" Charlotte nodded "she's fine" Rachel smiled "have you spoken to Tom?" Charlotte shook her head "he broke my heart Rachel, I can't forgive that" Rachel nodded "I know what he did was horrible but deep down I know he loves you" Charlotte sighed "I have to think about weather I really can forgive him".

Chloe sat in the staffroom when Max came in "are you okay?" Chloe nodded "yeah, I'm fine" Max smiled "good" Chloe rolled her eyes "we both know you didn't come in here just to ask if I'm okay" Max smirked and walked over "invite Charlotte over tonight" Chloe nodded "okay, why?" Max just smirked and he kissed her "do it" Chloe frowned knowing Max was up to something.

Charlotte had just fed the kids and her phone went off signalling a text -

Chloe - Come round tonight? Keep me company? Xx

Charlotte - I'd love too. Max won't mind will he? Xx

Chloe - No, he won't mind Xx

Charlotte - Okay, I'll see you later Xx

Charlotte smiled and asked Eddie if he would mind the kids and he agreed.

School had ended so Chloe met Max in his office "hey" Chloe grinned "let's get out of this place, doing my head in" Max smirked. They had just gotten down to the car when Lorna came over "Scott Fairchild has been causing havoc again" Max sighed "I'll deal with it tomorrow" Lorna nodded "see you" Chloe rolled her eyes "she so fancies you" Max smirked and they went to pick up their daughters.

Tom had been sending Charlotte flowers but they had all ended up in the bin according to Eddie not that Eddie blamed her. Tom had bumped into Max who had invited him over for a drink that night. He agreed because he was hoping that he could talk to Chloe and see if she would get Charlotte to talk to him.

Chloe had just given Aubree and Isla some dinner and she was getting them ready for bed. When she came Max came out the living room "Charlotte's here" Chloe nodded "okay" Chloe opened the door and frowned as Charlotte looked down and depressed "are you okay?" Charlotte nodded "I'm fine" Chloe smiled and took  Charlotte into the living room "Chloe, have you seen Tom?" Chloe nodded "yeah, he looks down" Charlotte sighed "I don't sympathise with him".

Tom pulled up outside Chloe and Max's and saw Charlotte's car, he felt his spirit lift and he walked up the path. Max answered the door "Tom" Tom smiled "is Charlotte here?" Max nodded "come in" Tom walked into the house and Chloe came out the living room with Charlotte "Charlotte" Charlotte was speechless "Max, a word upstairs now" Chloe went upstairs with Max into the bedroom.

Charlotte wouldn't look at Tom but he tried to speak with her, she wasn't listening though.

"What the hell are you playing at?" Max sighed "you saw how miserable Charlotte was looking" Chloe shrugged "he cheated on her! Of course she's gonna be looking down!" Max knew he had angered Chloe "you go down there and see how miserable they both are" Chloe groaned "I hate you sometimes" Max smirked and kissed her "mummy? Why are you and daddy shouting again?" Chloe walked over to Aubree "it doesn't matter baby, shall we get you back to bed?" Aubree shook her head "I can't sleep" Chloe sighed "how about you sit downstairs with me for abit and then I'll tuck you up" Aubree nodded.

Chloe went downstairs with Aubree and Max "hi Aubree" Aubree lifted her head up from Chloe's shoulder over at Tom "no like you" Chloe had to hide a grin "be nice" Aubree climbed onto the sofa and got her blanket over her "where Taitlyn?" Charlotte smiled "she's in bed now honey" Aubree nodded "why Tom here?" Chloe came in with some juice for Aubree "because daddy thinks he knows best" Aubree giggled "can I see my daddy?" Chloe nodded and Aubree climbed off the sofa taking her blanket with her

Max and Tom were sitting outside when Aubree came out "daddy?" Max turned to see Aubree standing there with her blanket "what are you doing out here?" Aubree gave a sleepy smile "I want you" Max smiled and Aubree came over to sit on his lap, he put the blanket over her so she wouldn't get cold "does your mummy know you're out here?" Aubree looked  at Tom and she nodded before resting her head on Max.

"Did you know Tom was coming?" Chloe looked up and shook her head "no, Max didn't tell me" Charlotte sighed "I can't forgive him, not yet anyway" Chloe faintly smiled "I'm gonna go out and check on Aubree, you coming?" Charlotte nodded "yeah".

Aubree was sitting on Max's lap still when Chloe came out with Charlotte "is everything okay?" Max looked up "fine" Chloe looked at Aubree who was looking cute under her blanket "Aubree, do you wanna come inside?" Aubree shook her head "I want to stay with daddy" Max smirked "I'll bring her in" Chloe nodded "well I just checked on Isla and she's fine so we'll sit out here too" Max smiled and Chloe and Charlotte went to sit on the other two chairs.

Aubree had fallen asleep on Max so he stood and took her up to bed "how are the kids?" Charlotte looked at Tom "they're fine" Tom smiled "I'd love to see them" Charlotte sighed "I'll see" Tom sighed "look, what I've done doesn't mean you have to stop me seeing my kids" Charlotte rolled her eyes "Tom, don't" Max came back out "everything okay?" Chloe nodded "yeah" Max smirked and handed Chloe and Charlotte a drink.

Charlotte was talking to Tom more now but she didn't know if she could ever see them getting back together. It was nearing 10:45pm and Chloe had somehow ended up sitting on Max "I'll pick the kids up on Friday" Charlotte nodded "okay, Chloe? I'm gonna head off" Chloe stood and she walked to the front door with Charlotte "I didn't know Tom was coming" Charlotte smiled "that's fine, I suppose I needed to see Tom" Chloe hugged Charlotte "I'll see you tomorrow and text me when you're back" Charlotte nodded "will do, I'll see you tomorrow".

Charlotte had just returned home and she text Chloe -

Charlotte - I'm back home. Thanks for 2night Xx

Chloe - Awh good and no worries. Hope you're okay Xx

Charlotte - I'm fine. I'm going to bed, night Xx

Charlotte climbed into bed after saying goodnight to Eddie and Rachel. Charlotte was hoping that she and Tom could work past their differences for the sake of their kids.

Tom left Chloe and Max around 11:30pm and when Max had locked the back gate and doors he joined Chloe in bed "that went well" Chloe nodded "suppose it did" Max smiled and Chloe shuffled under the duvet "are you okay?" Chloe shook her head "I'm freezing" Max climbed into bed and wrapped his arms around Chloe before they both fell asleep.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
A/N - Thanks to StrangeDesires for the idea for this chapter. Xo

Let me know any ideas you have.

Hope you liked.

Bye For Now
Xoxo