Chapter 32 - I've Had Enough

Charlotte had been getting depressed again and it was affecting the kids. Eddie had been trying to get Charlotte to do something but she always refused, Eddie didn't know what to do anymore.

Since Aubree had walked in on Chloe and Max Chloe had refused to have sex, she didn't want to risk Aubree walking in again. As it was nearing lunchtime Chloe made Aubree and Isla a sandwich, Max was at the school "Mummy, what were you and Daddy doing?" Chloe had no idea what to say so she said nothing "Mummy tell me" Chloe turned to Aubree "Daddy had to tell Mummy a secret but Mummy didn't want to listen so Daddy climbed on her" Aubree nodded "okay Mummy" Chloe smiled "eat up" Aubree giggled.

Charlotte wanted to leave, she didn't want to stay here anymore. It would be hard for Eddie, Chloe and Tom but she thought it was for the best. She would go tonight after dinner, she began packing up her stuff to make it easier.

Chloe was getting bored, Aubree was playing in her room and Isla was asleep, she decided to text Max -

Chloe - What time are you gonna be back?

Max - Around 5:00. Is everything alright?

Chloe - Yeah, I just wanted to know.

Max - Alright, see you later.

Chloe smiled, she was madly in love with Max "Mummy, why do you love my Daddy?" Chloe looked at Aubree "because he's an amazing man" Aubree giggled "am i mazing?" Chloe nodded "of course you are, I love you, Daddy and Isla" Aubree nodded "good" Chloe smiled "go and finish playing".

Tom was waiting on his test results, he needed to know what was wrong. His family needed to know. Tom had no idea how long he had been sitting there when Max walked in "you need to talk with Charlotte, because according to Chloe she's becoming depressed" Tom sighed "it's hard, there's stuff I need to tell her but I don't want to" Max nodded "tell her" Max stood and left leaving Tom to think.

Charlotte was sitting in the garden with Taitlyn, Lillie and TJ and she was trying hard to not cry "Mummy loves you all and I want you all to remember me, I'll be watching over you all and I hope you know that you have a Mummy who loves you" Taitlyn handed Charlotte a flower "I love you Mummy" Charlotte broke down crying "don't cry Mummy, me Lillie and TJ loves you" Charlotte smiled "thank you princess".

Chloe had just returned from a walk with Aubree and Isla "Daddy's home!" Chloe smiled as Aubree went running into the living room "Daddy!" Max smiled and puck his daughter up "you been good?" Aubree nodded "yes I have" Max kissed Aubree's head "good girl".

Eddie had just made dinner and Charlotte was still crying "your favourite" Charlotte smiled "thanks Daddy, for everything you've done for me" Eddie smiled "it's my job". Halfway through the meal Charlotte stood "where are you going?" Charlotte smiled "I've had enough" Eddie nodded and Charlotte left "goodbye".

Charlotte left the house through the back door and made her way to the school. She wanted to be in the place where she met Tom and where she was reunited with her best friend and where she made a new family. When she got there she noticed how different the school looked at night.

Eddie went to check on Charlotte but he frowned when he saw her bedroom was empty "Rach, have you seen Charlotte?" Rachel came into Charlotte's room "no, I thought she was up here?" Eddie sighed "she's not" Rachel frowned "we'll go and look for her, I'll call Chloe".

Chloe sat on the sofa with Aubree and Isla when her phone rang, looking she saw it was her Mum -

Call Begins

Chloe - Mum, is everything okay?

Rachel - No, Charlotte's gone missing.

Chloe - How do you mean?

Rachel - She left halfway through dinner.

Chloe - She'll come back won't she?

Rachel - We're not sure, if she turns up at yours then please let me know.

Chloe - Okay.
Call Ends.

Chloe hung up just as Max came in "there's been an incident at the school, I need to get down there" Chloe frowned "how you mean?" Max sighed "there's been a break in" Chloe nodded "how about we take the girls to the child minder and then I'll come with you?" Max nodded.

Eddie went over to Tom's, he wanted to know what had happened "Tom!" Tom opened the door "what's going on?" Eddie sighed "what happened between you and Charlotte? She's gone missing" Tom sighed "I found a lump down below, it could be cancer" Eddie frowned "you've not told her?" Tom shook his head "no, I don't want to worry her" Eddie scoffed "how well has that worked out?" Tom felt tears in his eyes "I'll help you look for her".

Max and Chloe arrived at the school "well, this doesn't look like a normal break in" Max nodded "indeed".

Charlotte stood on the roof of the school building crying, this was what she needed to do. Tom didn't love her anymore so she needed to leave.

Chloe stood outside she decided to try and call Charlotte, she dialled her number, frowning when she heard Charlotte's ringtone, looking up Chloe saw Charlotte on the roof "Charlotte!" Max turned to see Chloe running into the school.

Eddie and Tom were driving round when Tom received a text from Max saying Charlotte was on the school roof threatning to jump "get to the school, she's there" Eddie sped to the school with Tom.

Chloe stood on the roof with Max behind her and she wad trying to get Charlotte to come down "Charlotte please don't do this" Charlotte said nothing as Tom, Rachel and Eddie appeared on the roof "why have you got Taitlyn up here?" Tom sighed "she might be able to help" Chloe rolled her eyes "where's Lillie and TJ?" "with Maggie" Chloe nodded.

Charlotte knew everyone was there but she was still going to jump, she was glad to see everyone before she left "Charl, think of Tails and Lillie and TJ, they need you" Charlotte said nothing.

Taitlyn saw her Mummy standing on the edge of the building and she wanted to hug her as she was cold "Choe, I want my Mummy" Chloe smiled "I know munchkin". The wind was getting colder and so was Taitlyn "I go to my Mummy" Chloe frowned "Taitlyn, don't" It was too late Taitlyn ran over to Charlotte "Mummy!" "Taitlyn! No!" .

Charlotte could just make out Chloe yelling Taitlyn's name so she turned to see her daughter running towards her but as she got closer Taitlyn tripped "NO!" Charlotte reached out and grabbed her daughter "Mummy no leave me" Charlotte held Taitlyn close "I'm so sorry". Tom came over "Charlotte, I'm so sorry, I never meant for this to happen" Charlotte broke down crying in Tom's arms "I love you so much Tom, it kills me when you treat me like this" Tom was crying "I love you too".

Eddie took Charlotte, Tom and Taitlyn back home and said Tom could stay. Eddie took Taitlyn to bed and Charlotte and Tom climbed into bed together "I 'm never gonna leave you again" Charlotte smiled through  her tears and she fell asleep.

Max put Aubree and Isla to bed and Chloe went up to bed herself, Max went into the bedroom "are you alright?" Chloe nodded "yeah, I'm just sad that Charlotte got so low she wanted to end her life" Max climbed in bed next to Chloe "she'll be fine, she'll have our help" Chloe kissed him and they fell asleep.

A/N - this is for StrangeDesires. An amazing idea for this chapter.