Chapter 86 - Aubree Tells ~ Part One

It had been a few days since the cottage and thins hadn't been the same since. Chloe hadn't been the same. Not only was Max worrying about Chloe but Aubree had been distant and quiet.

Eddie had been going over to check on Tom and Charlotte all the time since they had both attempted suicide. Tom had just made breakfast when the door knocked "I'll get it," Charlotte told him. Tom nodded.

Charlotte answered the door "hi daddy," Charlotte said. Eddie smiled.

"Hello princess, are you okay?" Eddie asked. Charlotte nodded and hugged him

"I'm getting there. How is Rachel?" Charlotte asked him.

"Rachel's great. We've had some news. We can foster Leah," Eddie told her. Charlotte smiled.

"That's amazing," Charlotte replied.

Aubree was sitting in the back garden with her little sister. "Bee play?" Isla asked. Aubree shook her head

"No want too," Aubree said Isla nodded and went inside. Chloe was making some lunch and Max was ironing clothes when Isla came in.

"What's wrong?" Chloe asked her.

"Bee won't play," Isla said.

Chloe frowned and went out to talk to Aubree.

Eddie was playing with the kids and Tom came in. Tom smiled slightly.

"Hey Eddie," he said.

"Hi. How are you doing?" Eddie asked. Tom just nodded.

"I don't understand why Charlotte just acts like it doesn't happen," Tom said to Eddie. Eddie sighed.

"She's not acting like it doesn't happen - she's trying to make you think she's better so you don't worry about her. She's done it with me before," Eddie admitted. Tom sighed loudly. He didn't know what to do.

Chloe sat with Aubree. Aubree looked upset "so, little lady. Do you wanna tell me why you don't want to play with Isla?" Chloe asked. Aubree felt scared thinking she was going to get into trouble.

"I didn't want to play. I'm sorry mummy," Aubree said. Chloe smiled and hugged Aubree.

"You do know you can talk to mummy about anything don't you?" Chloe said. Aubree nodded.

"Yes mummy," Aubree replied. Chloe cuddled Aubree.

"Come and have some lunch," Chloe told Aubree.

Charlotte was planning on going over to Chloe and Max's in order to see how Chloe was doing. When she got there she saw both cars which meant they were in. Charlotte knocked the door and Chloe answered.

"Hey," Chloe said. Charlotte smiled and Chloe invited her in. Max had just washed up and left the kitchen.

"Are you alright Charlotte?" Max asked. Charlotte smiled and nodded.

"I'm great thanks, how are you?" Charlotte replied. Max smiled

"Never better," Max said.

Charlotte noticed Aubree sitting outside on her own. "Chloe, is Aubree okay?" Charlotte asked. Max and Chloe looked up and Chloe spoke

"I don't know, she's been distant and quiet. She won't play with Isla," Chloe said. Charlotte frowned.

"I'll go and have a talk to her," Charlotte said. Chloe smiled and nodded.

Charlotte went outside to Aubree and heard her crying. "Hey Aubree," Charlotte said. Aubree looked up and smiled

"Hello," Aubree said. Charlotte sat on the grass next to her.

"Your mummy tells me you've been distant and quiet. Do you wanna tell me why" Charlotte asked. Aubree started crying again. "Hey, Aubree come on. What's wrong?" Charlotte said. Aubree cuddled into Charlotte.

"I want them to stop," Aubree told Charlotte. Charlotte frowned

"Want who to stop what honey?" Charlotte asked. Deep down she was scared of the answer.

"These big girls at my school. They bully me," Aubree said. Charlotte was shocked.

"What do they do?" Charlotte asked. Aubree lifted her sleeve up and showed Charlotte the brusies

"They hurt me because I won't play their big girl games," Aubree said through her tears. Charlotte held Aubree as she cried.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N ~ Here's an update.

This will be continued in the next update.

Don't know if I will update again.