Stephen's Pov

Stephen Pov
I was at the stadium shooting a little hoops. I left Tia at home by herself. Riley is with my mom for today.

I shoot hoops when I have to think. Me and Tia's relationship is..different. We really don't be that affectionate towards each other. I don't know if that is because we aren't comfortable with each other yet. I mean, we had sex. How much more comfortable do we have to get? Is it her or is it me? I honestly think it's me. I think I rushed into this relationship when I'm obviously not ready for one. It's been 2 years since Ayesha died. Is it a fast time to move on? And Riley. I don't want her to get too attached to Tia because I'm not that sure if we'll last. Me and her are way different.

My balls kept going in. I ran out of balls and I was going to go pick one up but somebody called me. I looked up.

Tia- Aye. Heads up. *Smiles*

I smiled and caught the ball.

Me- Thank You.

Tia- Do you ever get tired of practicing?

Me- I'm just clearing my mind.

Tia- Talking to people is the best thereby.

Tia sat on the floor beside me. I kept shooting my balls.

Tia- So?

Me- So?

Tia- Are you going to talk to me?

Me- I am talking to you.

I made another shot.

Tia- As in tell me your problem.

Me- I'm good.... Thanks for the concern.

I made another shot.

Tia- This is the main reason why I was second guessing this.

She got up. I sighed and looked at her.

Me- What is this?

Tia- Us.

Me- So have I.

Tia scoffed.

Tia- You could've just said it.

Me- Maybe I was being considerate of your feelings. Look maybe we rushed into things.

Tia- I agree.

Me- I'm still stuck on Ayesha and I'm just not ready for a relationship.... I thought I was but..

Tia- But you could've saved me a heartbreak.

Tia eyes started watering.

Me- Tia come on.... Don't cry. You said you agree.

Tia- And that's suppose to make me feel any better? You could've told me you still were in love with your wife.

Me- Tia she's my wife. Mother of my child...

Tia- And I'm just Tia..

Me- Tia I'm really interested in you. I am. But we never had that physical connection. We barely talked. That's not a relationship. I think we should just take things slow for now...Start off as friends..... I don't want you to just leave..... My daughter would hate me.......... You have to admit we are completely different.

Tia- I was willing to change for you steph......

Tia kicked a ball. I sighed.

Tia- I'm going to take the high road and be understandable......

Me- Thank you...... So we good now? Friends?

Tia nodded.

Tia- I'll move out as soon as possible.

Me- I never said you had to go.

Tia- I want too........

I nodded.

Me-.... I guess we'll look at condos later?...

Tia nodded.

Tia- Yea...... I uh.. I have to go.

I watched Tia leave. Stephen... I think you just messed up something that could've been good.

I picked up a ball and just threw it hard.