Stephen's Pov

Stephen Pov
It was around 9:30 at night and I was having a late night gym session. Guess who wanted to join me? Little miss Riley. She climbed out of bed and came downstairs to my gym. She was wearing the same shoes as me. They were on the right feet this time. Just not buckled up. I buckled them up for her though.

Me- Couldn't sleep?

She nodded and grabbed my hand. We walked in my gym and I decided to ride the bike. Riley sat on my lap. Let's just say I'm doing most of the work.

Riley and I did the treadmill. I put hers on extra slow. She jumped around and giggled. After about an hour I was finished. My partner was laid out on the floor sleep. I picked her up and carried her upstairs to her room. I took off her shoes and laid her in bed. I tucked her stuff animal in bed with her before leaving.

I walked back downstairs and sat on the couch. I was watching this cartoon Riley had turned to earlier. It actually was funny a little.

I was in the middle of eating yogurt balls when I heard the door bell ring. I looked at the time. 11:20 p.m. Who could this be? I got up and opened the door.

Tia- Hey.... Do you have a minute.

I stepped aside and let her in. I closed the door behind her. She sat in a chair. I sat across from her.

Tia- I went to Houston.... Saw my family... And they kind of convinced me to come back to Oakland... And to tell you the truth...

She looked up with watery eyes.

Tia- Can you please say something?..

Me-... Continue..

Tia sighed and continued.

Tia- You obviously know what happened to me when I was 17..... And.... My mom took me to the doctor to get checked out. You know, to see was I ok..... I wasn't ok..

She looked to the side when a tear slipped.

Tia- I'm not ok....

She looked up at me and down again.

Tia- I found out some really disturbing news........

Me- What is the news?

Tia licked her lips and looked at me again.

Tia- Promise me you won't leave me?

A tear slipped again. Whatever she has to say it's clearly bothering her.

Me- ..I promise.

Tia-*Sighs*.... He told me that I-i can't... Have kids....... I can't have children. *Cries*

I rubbed my chin.

Tia- And when you started talking about kids I got really emotional. I don't speak about this to many people. Most men meet me and they fall so deeply in love with me and they want a family. And when I tell them this they leave.

Tia cried.

Tia- So I decided to stop this before I be left heartbroken.. Telling you this and then you go out and have a baby with other woman.... That's why I left.

Me- I'm not like the Tia.

Tia- How was I suppose to know.....

Me- You know me.

Tia- I've been living with this for 8 years..... I'm 25. I always said I was going to be a mommy when I grow up.... And I can't have children because something went wrong when I was 17. *Cries* It's because of him that I can't give you what you want and I'm sorry.

I stood up and walked over to Tia. I got on one knee in front of her.

Me- Hey, it's ok. It's ok.

I pulled her into a hug. That made her fall onto her knees.

Me- I don't care if you can't have children. As long as I have you.

I gave her a kiss on top of the head. She calmed down.

Tia- I wanted babies so bad....... So bad. And now I can't have them... You should go be with Ayesha... She can give you children.

Me- I don't want Ayesha. I want you.

Tia- I'm worthless.

Me- Don't say that. Everyone has a purpose.... Your purpose is to deliver a kind spirit and sing.

Tia-... You're not mad?

Me- Not since you told me.

Tia- Thank You for understanding.

Me- You're welcome.

I gave Tia a kiss on the cheek. She was laying in my arms and after five minutes ,I looked down. She was peacefully sleeping. She cried herself to sleep.