22.

Today I am so late. So many people came to return their books at the library so I am late. I am also having very bad period cramps. Freen always gets very anxious when I am late and now with the cramps she must be worried sick. I should I run home. But I can't.

I finally reached home. The door was unlocked. So that means freen is home. So are the kids. There isn't any noises that means the kids are sleeping. Humm...they are so obedient with freen. I don't know what happens to them when they are with me. They would never sleep or listen to me.

I am so thankful for p'freen. I don't know what I'll do without her. I started smiling again just thinking of her. I touched my cheek and it was warm cause I was thinking of her and blushing. I am gonna kiss her so damn hard today. It's her punishment for making me blush like this.

I turned down the knob to open the door. I knew she was angry so I already started apologizing before even entering.

" Sorry honey! I am late. The library was full. Every remembered they needed to return their book at the end of the day...!" 

But I heard nothing. She was silent. I knew I screw up. I need entered running. I knew what medicine I need to use. I need to hug her tightly.....

" Honey!....I..." Before I could finish my sentence. I started chocking at my words. What am I seeing....?

" Dad!.....?" Only one word left my mouth. I saw dad was looking at me with an unexplainable reaction. P'freen was standing beside him. She was as shock as I am. I know.

I can't say I was happy. But it was an unexplainable feeling. I was happy to seeing my dad in front of me after so long. But all I wanted to do is hug him as tight as I can. My feet started to move towards him. Only few more steps. But my feet suddenly stopped. Looking at him. then my eyes travelled towards p'freen.

My gulped and said..." I'll leave you two alone......and don't worry mr. Armstrong...I am not escaping.... I left three of my most precious possessions with you.." she must have seen my dad'd reaction when she said she is leaving.

She put her head down and left outside closing the door behind. I looked back at my dad. He was speechless for sometime. I didn't knew what to tell him. Or just....

I went and hugged him anyway. As tight as I could. Him arms held me too. He kissed the tample of my head.

" How have you been?" He said. His voice. I missed his deep voice.

" Good! The best... (Snob) but I missed you..!" I can't control my eyes anymore.

" I missed you too...!" He said wiping his eyes.

" Can you stay here. And have dinner. P'freen must've cooked dinner by now." I was happy. I didn't wanted bring out the issue in our hand.

" No I don't think I can have anything she cooks. But will be here. And we need to talk ....!" He gave me the look. Like how can he do this. I knew what he was talking about. But I am not ready to give up p'freen.

" Dad! P'freen really changed...she is not the same person you're looking for. Dad.....you can't take her. You can't she is love of my life and she is mother of my children...! You haven't met them yet may be. They must be sleeping....you'll see they will melt your heart too. They are the cutest thing.....! You....."

I started to beg my dad. But he had some other plans.

" That's not how the law works Becky....my little girl. She manipulated you enough. But the law system isn't that easy to manipulate....and I did met them. They really are the cutest...!" He put his hand on his head and started saying. But all I wanted to hear is it's okay. You can live with her in peace.

But I was wrong.
He started talking about all the things p'freen did. But it was over. I knew what he is going to do.

There is no way he is going to leave p'freen alone. At the end he said......

" As a father I am gonna do you a favour....and let her stay one more night here. But tomorrow at eight am sharp I'll come back here with my partner mala. And we will take her back to thailand and then....the rest is on the law system..."

" That's not enough...! We had a life here. You are just giving us one night to say good bye. What am I gonna tell the kids when they wake up and ask about their mom? What am I gonna tell everyone in this town where is their kongkwan? You can't just fo this dad! One night isn't enough to say goodbye!" I said crying.

He looked at the door. Turning his back at me. And said in his police officer voice.

" I am doing you favour by not shooting her the first time I met her. Be thankful I am your dad so I am giving you one night to say goodbye to your partner. And there were so many families didn't even get to say goodbye because of her. No matter how much she had changed she haven't been punished for her sins so..... you have until tomorrow eight am." He said and left without another. Shutting the door in my crying face.