28.

P'freen....how could you go? Without saying goodbye ti me.... I hate you. I hate you so much....the kids are asking for you. What am I gonna tell them....? I started to throw my hands and legs in the air like a kid. How am I gonna take care of the kids when p'freen never let me grow up.

I stood up when my phone rang. I left it in my bed. I was about to ran back to our bedroom. But sam came running with my phone.

" Thank you! But I told you not to run on the stairs." I said taking the phone from sam's hand.

" Sorry. Mommy! I thought mom called." He said crying.

" I am sorry baby! But it's not your mom... It can't be..." I looked at the phone. It's a unknown number. The call got disconnected before I can recieve it. I waited for the next call. Soon enough the phone rang again.

" Hello!"

( Hello! Becky! Long time no see.!)

" P'nam!"
I couldn't stop crying after hearing p'nam's voice.
( Okay! Okay! Don't cry now. Take the kids and your belongings. Within an hour my driver will receive you and take you to the airport. I am waiting for you at the airport. Freen must've left by now. So it's time....!)

" But..... p'freen...(sob.)" I couldn't stop crying..

(Becky! You need to be strong now. For sam and kath.)

I quickly declined the call and then went upstairs to find out that my kids are hugging each other while crying.

I went to them. I sat down near them. They looked at me and stopped crying.

" Mommy is sorry. Mommy is still learning to be a good mommy. Now that mom isn't around do you still remember what your mom said last night?" I asked them in a soft voice. They smiled at me.

" We remember mommy!" Kath said wiping her eyes.

" So.. let's stick together and help each other okay! Mommy and mom both love you so much...!" I hugged them as tight as I can.

....

We didn't had much time. So I got the passports and some clothes and some essential documents. I obviously didn't forgot our photos. The story books p'freen used to read. We are not selling this property so I kept everything else here. I locked the door and I saw a man with a car was already standing outside.

Suddenly my phone rang.

" Hello! P'nam!"

(Yeah! I guess kabir is already there?)

I looked at him. I didn't noticed that it was a Indian fellow. So I guess it's kabir.

" I guess. A man is standing in front of my house with a car."

( Is it a Bentley ? The no is 425b!)

I went near him. He smiled. Then I tilted my head to look at the no plate it was a Bentley and the no is 425b.

" Yes!,"

(Okay then get on the car and give the phone to kabir I need to talk )

" Okay."

I went near him and said " here ms. Nam wants to talk to you."

He smiled and received the phone from my hand.  He first opened the door so we can get in the car. Sam and kath both sat in either side of me to hug me.

After kabir finished talking to p'nam he gave me my phone back. Then he got on the car and started driving away. Without saying a word.

The town's people was worried too. They were more curious about where we were going. Ms. Kim even came out and waved goodbye to the moving car. I asked kabir to stop the car to say goodbye to ms. Kim.

Ms. Kim came to the car and said..." Don't get off! I just needed to say goodbye. That's it. I will miss thes two." Pointing to my kids.

" Did kongkwan told you anything?" I asked worriedly.

" Yeah! She did. Last night at around 2 pm. She knocked on my door at the middle of the night. Good thing I had insomnia. We talked for a long time. She told me your problem. So good luck and take care of the kids." She said. Starting walking back. Kabir also slowly started the car.

I didn't knew still what p'freen said to her. But she looked convinced that's all I need.
The car slowly slowly got into motion. We left the town in hurry. But I started looking at the grassland after the town ended.

I knew my had a long waited revange on p'freen. He might even not take her to higher authorities. Just shoot her in these fields....

Thinking all the possible worst out comes my eyes got teary. I still kept looking out. Looking for car tracks or anything that might singal of a car entering.

After a hour of a horror field journey we finally entered another town. Then took on the high road to the airport. Ten kms then nine then eight. As we got closer I felt a heart breaking distance from p'freen. It felt like last night was so far away. After we escaped thailand we were never away from each other. We didn't take long vacation alone either. I never had to ride a car without her. I always had my head on her shoulder. She just kept hugging me. That time. Every kept coming back. Untill the car stopped.

Which brought me back to my reality.

I was in the airport. Sam and kath already fell asleep in the long five hours journey.

I looked at their faces. A smile appeared and then it vanished immediately. When I realised that I have to raised them all by myself.... When planned of getting pregnant. Never in my mind it crossed that I have to raise them alone. We always discussed about doing it together. But now it feels impossible.

What dad did made me angry and sad. He took away my kids mom. Now his punishment is that I take away his grandchildren. He will never see his daughter or grandchildren if I am not gonna she p'freen.

.....