36.

It's been three more days. I am still in my bed but good thing is that all the channels and the cables are not attached to me anymore. All I want now is to kiss Becky as hard as I can. My hand still hurts so she always takes care.

I am bored in my bed. I asked becky to bring the kids to visit me. I didn't wanted to see me like a cyborg. But now that I am cable free I want to see them.

" P'freen! Your pill" she came in with a pill and a glass of water.

" P'freen! I talked to richie good thing he is home today, he will bring sam and kath. So don't worry. Take this pill and chill.."
.i couldn't help but laugh at her cute remark.

" You are so cute becky." I said.

"I can't wait to meet them. also nam, I haven't said thank you yet." I said again. but this time I can see her expression changed. what happened? did I said something wrong. May be I did. So I became serious and asked "what happened becbec?"

she looked at me like a scared puppy is about to cry. I asked again, "what  happened? becbec you're scaring me."

" about p'nam I actually lied to you. more like hide it from you. p'nam actually took the blame. She and p'heng took the blame they were arrested. And they took all the charges." She said with a sad face.

" What about the news?"

" That wasn't so easy to make you look innocent. Dad had to put the blame on someone else and p'nam volenteer." Said becky.

" What? Becky do me a favour and tell me what happened that day after I passed out." I said holding her hands.

She sat beside me and then she started to tell me .
" When I reached there you were passed out on the ground.......

*Flashback*

" P'freen...!" I ran towards you. P'nam and p'heng was with me.

" P'freen wake up...! Please!"
I was crying holding you.

The blood, so much blood. Your arm was bleeding out so p'nam tied it with her handkerchief. Then the police was already there. So was the ambulance. We brought you and others to the hospital. Dad was just fainted and mala was injured but john was dead.

That's when dad woke up the cops came and investigated. You were still at the operation theatre so dad called us. He told us about the problem because you're injured at the scene they needed someone else outsider to blame and p'nam came at the right time. She took the blame.

She said she was the brain behind all of that.

...

As she finishes the flashback her eyes started to tear up. My eyes were teary too. But I pull her to a hug. She starts to cry like a baby on my chest. I couldn't stop crying too.

" P'freen I am sorry! I couldn't do anything to save p'nam and p'heng. Maybe because I was too selfish. I just wanted to save you. I am sorry! I was somehow happy that you were getting saved so I didn't said anything. I am sorry...I am sorry!" She started to cry as she was saying.

" It's okay! They knew that too. Nam knew that too. She is always there to save me. You know how I was never scared to put my life in danger?"

She shook her head.

" Because I always had nam behind me. Once I went into my enemies layer. He was already ready for me. But I wasn't. He asked for a peace treaty. So I went there without any weapon. He surrounded me. He had guns and people. I thought that was my last day. I was so scared. But then I saw him take a step back looking at me. I was so confused when I looked back it was nam pointing a gun at them. And our gang members behind her. That's how I was saved that day.." I couldn't stop my tears now.

" Now it's just my support system is gone." I wiped my tears again.

She looked at me. I didn't knew what else to say anymore. She was in lose of words too. we both stayed silent that day.

.....

Next day I was still a bit down. My arm was healing very slowly. Maybe my mood was so bad my body was healing slowly too. People came to see me. First police, then mr. Armstrong, my babies and richie. They were happy too. Becky was always by my side no matter who was with me. She even stayed the night and bathed in my room's bathroom.

Everything went very good.

I would just look outside into the outside world trying to imagine how the world would be without me able to talk to nam. Or her not being by my side. Even though we were never together but I knew she was by my side. But now she is locked up and I am not able to do anything.

All I can think is what she would do if I was in her situation. I know what she would do. Because she already did that for me once. And countless times she kept me away from jail. Now she needs my help and I am here in my hospital bed not being able to do anything for her.

What can I do? What can I do?

That's all in my mind right now. Now that's what I have to do, I need to do something for her.

What can I do?

If I do something would I lose everything that she worked so hard to give me?

But I also have to help her?

I can lose this much for her.

No more confusion. I can change this. I knew now what I have to do.