Gone...

This is gonna be a sad one, so grab a box of tissues. XD
---
You have been in the hospital for a week now, due to complications with your baby girl. She hasn't been born, and the doctors say she might not make it. You have spent every night in the hospital crying yourself to sleep as Thomas holds your hand trying to comfort you. Today is 1 week over your due date, and you've been worried sick. Thomas hasn't left your side at all during this and you can't imagine him not being there.
---
You feel a sharp pain as you jolt upward in your sleep. Thomas immediately wakes up and calls for a nurse as you lay there gasping and thrashing around. You squeeze Thomas' hand while he rubs it reassuringly. After about an hour of extreme pain and anguish the doctor announces that the baby is coming.
---
You have been in labor for three days and Thomas has never left your side. The doctor asks for Thomas to go outside so they can talk. After about five minutes Thomas comes in and holds your hand. You look into his eyes concern washing over your face.
"Y/N, there's no easy way to say this..."
"Say what? What Thomas?! Tell me!" you say frantically.
"The baby is...gone. I'm so so-" you cut him off by sobbing loudly into his chest. "She's-she's gone?"