For Elyse

You hear your phone beep for the fifth time and sigh. Ugh, whoever is texting me needs to stop. I'm driving! You turn the corner and head towards the stop light. Oh, it's yellow...I can make it. You hear your phone beep again and you give in. You bend over to grab it from the passenger seat and turn it on. It was your best friend, Ava's, brother. You secretly had a HUGE crush on him but of course you couldn't tell him that. He was so handsome and sweet and kind. You're interrupted from your thoughts to see a pickup truck speeding towards you. The bearded man driving it was honking while slamming on his brakes but it was too late. You just froze in fear as the truck slammed into the side of your tiny Toyota Camry. It seemed to go in slow motion as the glass shattered all around you and your phone flew out of your hand. Your air bags deployed as you slammed into the steering wheel. Then everything went black. You woke up on a stretcher and you were being rolled into an ambulance. Your torso hurt really bad. Your whole body hurt. You saw one last thing before you passed out from the pain. Thomas' face.
---
You woke up in a hospital room with wires and needles poking into you. Thomas was asleep in the chair next to you with Dylan, Ki Hong, Will, and Kaya standing next to him. They all rushed over once they realized you were awake. Thomas shot out of his sleeping position and ran over to you. He reached out for your hand and you gave it to him. "Elyse..." He whispered stroking your ombré hair ending at the purple tips. "What happened?" you asked only remembering the crash and nothing else. "Well...after you blacked out in the ambulance they sped you off to a hospital and put you in surgery immediately. Your ribs are broken but they are working on getting you a X-ray to make sure nothing else is wrong. You have a mild concussion and that's it. It's a miracle that your alive." Ki Hong replied. You smiled weakly. "What happened to the other driver?" you asked quietly. Will chuckled and replied, "he's fine, just a small bone fracture in his ankle." You were relieved to know that he was okay. "Listen, Elyse, can I talk to you? Alone?" Thomas asked signaling to the others that they needed to leave. "Sure, what's up?" you replied your head spinning.
"Well, first of all I'm so sorry. If I weren't texting you-"
"Thomas, it's not your fault. It's mine. I shouldn't have picked up my phone and been such a careless driver. It's my fault." He sighed and you took his hand again.
"Well, I was texting you because I need to tell you something. I've had a crush on you since a year ago and I really like you. Will you be my girlfriend?" you smiled, your head still spinning.
"Yes." And then you passed out.