Just Friends?

You sat on your bed, absentmindedly plucking some strings on your guitar. Huffing, you pulled the strap off of your body and set the instrument in its case. Song writing was usually easy for you, however you'd lacked inspiration lately, mainly due to the absence of your best friend (and secret crush) Thomas. He'd been gone for a month, traveling to different countries to promote his new movie.  But lucky for you, he arrived back late last night, and he was coming over today.  You were so happy to finally see him.  His sparkling eyes, luscious hair, and beautiful smile, were the only thing that kept you going throughout the past month. You were shuffling your papers as you heard a slight knock on your door. Grinning wide, you ran to open it. You swung the door open to see an equally excited Thomas, who grabbed you for a tight hug.
"I missed you so much Tom" you smiled into his shoulder.
"I missed you more." He replied.
---time skip to three days later---
You and Thomas had been having the time of your lives. You were together non-stop. Shopping, eating, watching movies, going to the park, you did everything with him. Sometimes, you thought you saw him staring at you.  You blew the idea off, saying it could just be your mind playing tricks. But there was still a part of you that kept hope. He was being very gentlemanly to you after all. More than usual.  And he was always laughing at your lame jokes. And no one did that...ever.  You and him were at Starbucks, and as you sipped your coffee you caught him staring at you. Giving him a strange look you asked,
"What? Is there something on my face?"
"No, you just look...beautiful tonight" he blushed and looked down.
"Thank you Tom. And may I add that you look particularly dashing tonight as well." You added in a fancy accent. Chuckling, both of you exited the store and walked home. Shivering from the cold, you wrapped your hands around your warm coffee cup.
"Here, take my jacket love." Thomas said placing his warm coat over your shoulders. You smiled up at him and gave him a slight hug.
"Thomas? I think I love you." Oh no. What did you just say?! The words just came tumbling out, and you couldn't stop them.
"Y/N? I think I love you too".
---
The next day you woke up in your living room with the TV on. Smiling, you looked down to the floor, where Thomas was sleeping. You grabbed a pillow and threw it at his head and he  gave a deep groan. You almost shivered, wanting to hear the sound over and over again. But instead of having an emotional breakdown, you stood up and told him you were making breakfast. He responded with a thumbs up, and proceeded to fall back asleep until you gave him a gentle hit with another pillow.
"Okay okay I'm up." He chuckled, throwing his arms up in surrender.
---
After breakfast you sat on the couch with Thomas. Today he had an interview on live TV.
"Thomas you'd better get a move on or else you'll be late." You smirked giving him a nudge.
"Okay. I'll talk to you later bab- I mean Y/N" he quickly got up and shuffled away. Maybe Thomas actually did think of you as more than a friend.  Y/N Sangster. It had a nice ring to it. You got up and got ready for the day, throwing your hair up in a ponytail and putting on a t-shirt and jeans, thoughts of Thomas crowding your mind.  You sat down to watch Thomas's interview when you saw something shocking. Pictures of you and Thomas throughout the week. You heard the interviewer ask him about them, saying
"So Thomas. Is this the lucky girl? How long have you been together?" She leaned in, waiting for an answer.
He looked shocked for a moment, but then regained his composure.
"Her? She's just a friend." Boom. The words hit you like a truck.
"She's like my sister, we've known each other for almost our whole lives." Shattered. Your heart broke into a million pieces.  You searched for the remote and switched the TV off. You couldn't stand to see his face. Had all those signals, and hints been a lie? Had last night at Starbucks meant nothing? How stupid could you be?! Of course he only liked you as a friend. You stared at the black screen in front of you as tears streamed down your face. You felt like a herd of wild bulls had taken your heart and ran over it a million times. Your heart was racing as you searched for answers. Oh no. Thomas would be home later, he would come over. He can't see you like this. You quickly wiped away the tears and straightened out the room.
---
Later when you heard the familiar sound of Thomas's car pulling into your driveway, you took a deep breath and tried to compose yourself. You walked to the door and opened it, revealing a smiling Tom. But   You couldn't do it. One look at his face set you off bawling, and you ran upstairs into your room. You locked the door and paced the room, trying to calm down to no avail. Thomas ran up the stairs and knocked on your door.
"Y/N? What's wrong? Did I say something?"
"Leave me alone Thomas. I don't want to see you."
"Please...just tell me what I did wrong!" You could hear the desperation in his voice. You swung the door open.
"You know what you did Thomas? You spent the last week leading me on, and telling me you love me, to just throw it all away on live TV! Did last night mean nothing to you?" You half shouted. He gave you a crushed look.
"Y/N, I'm so sorry, I do love you! It's just that I have to keep my personal life a sec-"
"Save it. I understand that you're a celebrity, but I can't live a double life. Goodbye Thomas." You shut the door and walked to your bed. You heard fading footsteps and a door closing, and you sobbed yourself to sleep.
---
Part Two?! Also I'm soooo sorry not not updating, but I will try to as much  as I can! I love you all :)
-ur shank