For Olivia Rose

You gasped and started crying as you heard the dreaded words. "You have cancer." And just like that your whole has been turned upside down. You squeezed Thomas' hand as the doctor started talking again. "Thomas, can I speak to you in private?"
---
At home Thomas sat you down to talk to you. You were still crying from earlier. "Olivia Rose, love, the doctor said you need to start treatment tomorrow."
"What?! No! I can't! I have to be at my friends wedding!"
He looked into your eyes with a deep sadness you've never seen in him before. "It's the only chance we have! Please. Please do this for us. For me at least." You sighed and nodded with defeat.
---
You were getting hooked up to all the wires for your fest treatment. You had Thomas right at your side and you never let go of your hand.
---
For weeks you had treatment over and over again. You should be getting better, but you're feeling weaker and weaker each day. On your 9 visit you were getting hooked up to the machine and yours eyes felt droopy. You could feel yourself slipping away. Thomas noticed and squeezed your hand. "No, Olivia...no! you can't quit on me now! Don't close your eyes, please!"
He begged you.
"No, Thomas. Don't quit on me now. I'll be ok. You need to finish living your life. Don't stop living because I have. You are a wonderful person Thomas and I'll always love you. Never forget that. Just don't give up on life just yet. It might surprise you." And with that he kissed your lips and you closed your eyes.