You Could Never Love Me

A/N: this is a Newt one so yeah. (Pretend there's more girls in the glade) oh and pls comment what you think!
-ur shank
---
You walked towards the kitchen to get some water from Frypan after a hard days work. You smiled to yourself as you watched Newt take command and be the leader. Since Alby had...passed Newt had taken up responsibility of the Glade. You knew he was perfect for the job. But of course, Newt would never notice you. He barely even knew you existed. You've been in the glade for six months now and haven't made any progress with him yet. And who would blame him? He's the leader of the Glade, an you're just well...another slopper. You worked along side Chuck cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc. and you wished that you could do more but to be honest, you couldn't. You hadn't found anything that you were extremely good at since you started job tryouts and slopper just kinda stuck after you'd tried everything. So here you are, sitting at a table with a trash bag in hand while admiring someone who could never love you back. Getting up you thanked Frypan and went back to work, still stealing glances at Newt and his tall, muscular frame.
---
After a long day of work you walked to get dinner. But by the time you got there most of it was gone. You picked up the few scraps of meat left and grabbed some water. You were used to this, it was usually like this. You had so much work to do that you barely made it to eat. You usually sat alone too, due to most of the Gladers having actual good jobs, and the sloppers all eating together. You never ate with the sloppers though, you never really thought you fit in with them. You weren't quite sure who you fit in with. After finishing up your measly dinner you thanked Frypan and headed for bed. You had to get some sleep if you wanted to get your work done tomorrow. You were about to drift off when a figure started walking towards you.
"Hey tonight's the bonfire, aren't you gonna join..." He said leaving off the last part of his question.
"Y/N. My name is Y/N, Newt. An no I won't be joining tonight, I have lots of work to do tomorrow so..." You said sighing.
"Oh well then. Good that." He replied and walked off.
---
You'd been in the Glade for another month and still working hard. You'd noticed that Newt had been talking to you more often, but probably because he felt bad for you.
"Hey Y/N, wanna sit with me at dinner tonight?" Newt asked walking over to you from the Homestead. You'd been thinking about it and, you didn't want Newt to be talking to you out of charity work. You would rather him not talk to you then for him to think that you're some charity case.
"Look, Newt. You don't have to keep being nice to me. Well, you don't have to keep wasting your time on me. I know you could be doing way more important things than spending time with me. So don't feel bad. I'm fine." You said turning away.
"Wait."
"What?"
"I'm not wasting my time, I just like hanging out with you." He replied.
"Yeah. Right."
"It's true!"
"Look, you're freaking first in command. I'm only a slopper. You don't have to talk to me. You should be hanging out with Rosie (made up character from my brain). She's a runner. Way more important than me."
"But what if I don't want to hang out with Rosie? What if I like you?"
"You would never like me. I mean yeah I like you. But you like me? Outrageous. You're perfect. And well, I'm...not."
"I don't care if you're perfect Y/N. You're perfect for me. And you know what? I think I love you." He said inching close to your face.
"But you could never love me." You replied looking into his eyes. He returned the stare and replied with four simple words before crashing his lips to yours.
"Oh, but I do."