3-The Crossing

I eye him for just a moment, making sure he actually wasn't going to push me off. I take a step...no going back now...another step... I need to do this... another..don't think about dylan.

I'm not dying today.

Even if I die tomorrow I'll be a little fine with it, I just want to see Riorson watch me cross.

I put my hands out as I take a couple more steps as I hear the one stocky rider say ' name' again. " Jack Barlowe."

So that's the asshole's name.

" Better walk faster Sorrengail! I'm coming for ya!" Jack yells.

" You need to wait until they're a fourth of the way." The one says.

I hear Xaden chuckle. " Let him go, maybe both of them will fall then."

I already hate Xaden Riorson, even more then I thought I would.

I happen to look back for just a second to Jack just stepping onto the Parapet, damn it! I take a couple more steps, a huge gust of wind hits me, making so a shaky step back. I strain my core to keep straight. The rain was pelting my skin like little needles, my eyes aching from the needles poking them.

I take a breath...keep going..

I squeeze my leg muscles, I need to get further before another gust of wind hits. There was a scream. A male scream, again I look back for just a second to see Jack Barlowe throwing a girl off the parapet with her heavy pack.

He turns, " See that halfblood? Your next!"

I know I can't fight him on this, not in these conditions. So I take a couple more steps, quickly. Maybe that was my mistake... I try fast walking and that's when I slip, I go down, I contort to the side slightly so I straddle the Parapet my legs dangling.

Now I'm shaking like a leaf, I take a couple breaths... Don't look down...don't look down. I refuse. I take a breath swinging both my legs as I hoist myself back up, " Should've fell halfblood!" His voice says all to close. " Don't worry, I'm coming!" he yells.

I see Hetta not to far ahead, she crossed...I'm almost there... I'm almost there!

I now take longer steps as I cross, Jack was gaining speed " Come on Halfblood!"

" Go to hell Barlowe!" I yell as I move faster again.

" You asked for it!" HE runs...RUNS on the parapet towards me... damn I did ask for it, He have the same leg legnth, I know I'm quicker and furhter ahead so I gun it, I'm right there... He leaps towards me as I step onto the grounds.. As if he was going to yank me back I grab my knife I had swinging it in his face, it slices his face making him yell in pain. He didn't stumble back he stayed station.

It wasn't deep at all, just enough to get me offically on the grounds... I passed, and I'm safe. The most it'll leave is a scab for a couple days.

The other two riders who were watching us with the scroll asks for my name. " Freya.. Sorrengail."

The one with reddish hair raises her brow " As in.."

" The General and Mira Sorrengail...yes..."

" You don't look like a Sorrengail." Another boy with green eyes and dark borwn hair says. I shrug, " Half blood, bastard child... whatever you wanna call me."

" I'm going to gut you for that!" Jack seethes about to get at me when the girl stopped him, " Touch her and you'll be commended to Malek."

He looks at her, " Why! She cut me!"