17- The Gold Dragon

I stand there for just a few seconds processing. A dragon just approached me, and I'm not dead. Maybe it even liked what I said and hopefully I'll get bonded to it, sisters both bonded to greens..sounds good to me.

" Freya.. Are you alright?!" Hetta whisper yells.

I turn around looking at her, " Yea, I guess it just liked the way I smelled."

" Would've been more entertaining if it would've took a chunk out of you." Luca scoffs.

I send her a look, I'm definitely requesting her for a spar.

" Let's keep moving." Sawyer says from up ahead, don't need to tell any of us twice. We walk some more, I could see the end from here, and where that small golden dragon was. I wanted to walk faster just to get a good look at it.

Still it sits waving it's feather tail around looking at all the cadets, as if trying to show off. And all the cadets laugh or sneer or make odd faces at it. It almost makes me hope it'll get sick of it and burn them all. See who's laughing then.

We approach the end where it was still sitting there, blinking curiously. If it really wanted to it could just tuck itself under all the other dragons here, but it keeps an equal distance like all the others here looking us over.

" That thing is tiny!" Luca exclaims, sneering like the rest of them, " And look! It has paws! PAWS!"

I look it over, she was halfway right. It had 'normal' dragon feet but the ends weren't sharpened like the other dragons they're dulled.

" She still has teeth Luca, I'd be careful." Sawyer says now just passing the small dragon.

She scoffs, " I bet that stupid thing can't even throw fire, it probably.. shoots out flowers or something."

" Hopefully poisonous ones so she'd shut the hell up.." I mutter to Hetta, which apparently was loud enough for Luca to hear. She spins around, " What did you say halfblood?!"

Caught.

I take a breath, " You probably heard me correctly the first time."

" Come say that to my face!" She yells.

I smile simply, " Your not even worth that Luca."

" Guys, can we not!" Ridoc yells, " Shut the hell up and fight once we're done walking."

" No, this albino bitch needs to learn a damn lesson.." Luca says storming to me. " Luca!-" Sawyer yells but it was to late, she takes me to the ground getting a couple punches in, I fight back hearing the others yell.

" Get back!" I hear Liam Mairi yell from behind all of us, I took me just a second to see what he means, I see an orange that was right next to the little gold dragon step up and about to torch us, the small gold dragon lets out almost a squeak of a roar looking at the orange.

It's fire dissipates huffing steam at us but it goes back in line. Luca pushes me away sending me falling again to the floor, " You almost got me torched you dumbass! Can we hurry and be done with this shitshow!?"

Then there was a flash of heat, I push myself further away, Hetta grabs me pulling me back even more so I don't get burnt.. Maybe the gold dragon just didn't want me a pile of ash.

Just Luca.

I look at the singe mark for a couple seconds, then the orange dragon that just killed her. I blink a couple times looking away back at the small gold one who was looking directly at me. I look away, unsure how you'd even act around a dragon we've never learned before.