36- The Flight

With each step my anger, frustration and annoyance grows. 

She can never be damned pleased with me, I excel at basically everything else and she always picks out one damn thing to shame me for..though that one damned thing could kill me soon if I don't manifest it... or unable to control it..if it ever decides to show up.

" Fury."

I keep walking, not in the mood for Xaden's comments at the moment. " Sorrengail..." His tone get more annoyed and louder as we walk, I only walk faster. Soon his hand grabs my wrist stopping me " Freya." He finally says, almost a tone of plead in his voice.

" What?!" I snap as I continue to walk beside him.

He doesn't seem affected by my outburst, instead just sighing as he matches our pace. " I wouldn't listen to a word that women says."

" I'm not." 

" Really? I can see the steam basically coming out of your ears."

I scoff, " Shouldn't you be enjoying her picking at me? Telling me I'm not good enough? That whole conversation should've been music to your ears!"

He looks intently at me shaking his head lightly " Well it wasn't."

I roll my eyes, " Yea because you care so much about  taking care of your inconvenience to yourself and our dragons.."

He grips my shoulder stopping us, He looks away trying to keep himself composed before he looks back at me. " Your not an inconvenience."

I pull my shoulder roughly away from him, " Then what am I then huh?! You don't care, you and I both know you don't give a shit about me!"

" I do." He says simply.

Those few words make me feel all.. warm inside but I push it down shaking my head. " No..you don't. You only care about the survival aspect of it, so don't you dare try making me feel better or something! I already know I'm nto perfect and liked like Brennan and Mira, I already knew that, I'm not them-"

" No Freya.. your not them." Xaden interjected. " You don't need to be like them. You have grades just as well as Brennan and just as good, infact better reports then Mira on all your combat reports."

I open my mouth but he doesn't let me say a word, " Yes. I check, not only do I need to keep you alive, I make sure your doing well in everything your doing. Which you haven't been tutored so that's saying something. I know for a fact your also grounding better then anyone in your year too, so stop selling yourself short you got that? Now stop feeling bad for yourself and switch this damn conversation."

He continued to walk, now just a shoulder ahead of me. I set my lips in a hard line as we continued, " You told her all questions got resolved? What did you mean by that?"