6- The Sparring

" Dain-"

" Just keep walking Freya.." He grumbles annoyed.

" Where are we going?!"

" To my room, just use those feet and walk a little faster!"

His grip doesn't falter as he pulls me looking every which direction as we walk, If someone would see us up here they'd definitely get the wrong idea..though it would still be better then them knowing me and Dain are childhood best friends. But I still don't want to get caught.

I had a feeling Xaden would be the one to spread around we're actually siblings messing around..sick bastard. He unlocks his door quickly, bascially throwing me in before he locks his door again. " Why?! Why can't you hold your tongue for 5 minutes Freya?!"

I was taken back by his tone, his face slightly reddens as he comes closer to me. " Freya..don't you realize how actually screwed you are?! I'm trying to keep you safe...Ok, I'm trying real damn hard... And him moving us deliberatly into his wing makes it harder...you mouthing off like that is going to make it nearly impossible!"

" So, he did move us..just so he could have a better show at killing me?"

Dain sighs, " Yes."

I swallow, well that confirms that thought.

" He's not someome you'd win against Freya." Dain says again eyeing me intensely. I sigh, " I know, it just came out, using my mother-"

" I know.. I know.." Dain says running a hand over his face. " You can mouth off to anyone here..just not him."

I sigh, " I know Dain..."

" No Freya... You don't!" Dain now yells, " I've known him for 2 years! And he was so close to losing his shit on you! I've known him for long enough and he is damn ruthless.. He doesn't have normal human emotions..that's why he's survived this long, that is why he is the top of the damn..food chain here! That's why his dragon chose him, because he's a cold blooded killer."

" Who's his dragon?" I ask.

He chuckles ever so slightly, " That blue Daggertail, the one that was right behind him. Segyl. She's.... She fits him to a T.. The other dragons are nearly scared of her, like Xaden, she's the top."

I remember how her head was tilted towards him before she looked at me, maybe I'll be killed by her yet...no...no I'm not dying... I need to be better. Dain sighs, " I'm sorry for yelling.. but you need to understand how..bad this is."

I shake my head, " What do I need to do? To make this better?"

His gaze breaks from mine, " I don't know... I guess take it day by day. Try not to give him any more reason to kill you, or anyone else." His eyes come back to me, his hand raises cupping my face again. " I don't want to lose you, I refuse to lose you again, I refuse to watch you die Freya."

" You won't watch me die." I assure. " I refuse to die at his or his dragon's hands.. or claws.."

He chuckles slightly, before swallowing again, " Just be careful and watch that mouth, ok?"

" Ok."

He sighs, " Well, we should get going... I need to make sure you have what it takes to be a rider." Dain smirks. " How fast do you think you'll take yours down?"

I lean my head back ever so slightly, " 6 minutes...tops."

He now laughs, I missed that laugh, that smile, how it makde me feel when he would laugh... I smile looking at him. " I'll time ya.. how does that sound."