46

" Mira!" I scream trying to fight Xaden the whole way, though it didn't look to be that much of a difference to him. " Freya come on..." He urges. 

" No... Mira... what if she doesn't make it.. What if she dies.."

He sets me down grabbing my face,  " Look at me!"

I see it as well... I see the panic in his expression. " We need to go Freya, she'll be fine. I promise she'll be ok."

His voice is softer as he stares like we have all the time in the world, " We need to go."

I nod, blinking away the stress filled tears, the next moment I hear Hetta and Liam, they already have my pack and running towards us, " What the hell is happening?" Hetta asks.

" Gryphons." Xaden breaths grabbign my hand and pulling me along with him to the next Turret. " Now climb." He pushes me basically right into the ladder standing only a couple inches behind me forcing my body the only way I'll move is up.

" I can't just leave her!" I yell once we reach the top, the dragons are coming. " Xaden!" I beg, " I can't leave her here to die! Please! She's my sister, and I know you would do anything to save Liam and Hetta.."

I see the remorse in his expression, knowing damn well he's already bent the skies for them, Liam and Hetta were looking at us then the skies, in the distance there was the shrills of gryphons.

" Go!" Xaden orders them, " Stay together!"

He gave no room for further communication as Liam pulls Hetta along to their dragons. " Freya every damn second your wasting is less of the chance the first years here are going to make it including Hetta and Liam.. We HAVE to go."

I shake my head, " I'm not leaving! I'm not I refuse! You can leave but she's my sister!"

I see Rhys and Segyl in the distance racing towards us, " You can leave."

Xaden shakes his head slowly, another shrill. He looks back at me, " Dammit Freya.."

He leans in, smashing his lips on mine..it's better then the last time. My mouth instantly melts into his as his hand slides up my neck angling my head up towards him. " I'm sorry.." he mumbles.

I didn't even have time to realize what he was doing, his hand clamped around my windpipe cutting off my air supply, " It takes 30 seconds for a person to pass out.." He says looking at me with a pained expression, I claw at his hand, choking back a sob knowing I can't help Mira.

That this outpost is going to be possibly destroyed, and that Xaden is preventing me from helping and using the most tender way to do so... using this bond, this feeling he knows damn well I have against me.

Tears brim my eyes as I look at him trying to breathe, trying to hard to breathe, to fight back, I hear the landing right behind me and the growl of Rhys, I feel heat behind me... is Rhys actaully going to scorch him?