28- The Scroll

The walk was awkward..long and awkward. Just an hour ago I thought we could maybe be friends given the circumstances, now I wonder.

I've only read a few things about the Tyyrish rebellion, it was always so dark, even for a person like me, the conversations were just as dark so I avoided those also. But I can see why he got upset.

One day your at home drawing, then the next your watching your family and your life slipping away right infront of you, only to be sent to the deadliest Quadrant and see if you survive.

And now... You need to watch a Sorrengail, daughter of the Commander who did all that messed up shit to you, you need to protect me because that also means protecting Xaden. Who they all seem to love. Somehow.

I can see how that's a damn hard pill to swallow and I understand, the only thing that I could be upset about is him mentioning Brennan, but that happened 5 years ago..

" Look.. I'm sorry-"

" It's ok Liam your not the one that should be apologizing..."

He sighs and we continue walking, " Riorson trained me when we werw fostered together, I never saw anyone fight quite like him, he helped train basically all of us." Liam says trying to make conversation.

" I've noticed he takes care of his own. That is one thing that's admirable about him." I say simply still walking.

" Your one his own now. Your one of us." Liam states.

" Am I?" I question looking back at him.

Without a beat he nods.

I scoff shaking my head, " Your only here because I'm a liability, everyone here knows that. My survival is key to his, none of you truky give one shit about a Sorrengail and I don't blame you."

I walk a little faster just wanting some space, but I hear Liam's pace increase as well as he gets closer. " Your not wrong. I'm doing this because he asked and I owe him everything."

" So every one with yours marks owe him everything? That's why you all decided to all of the sudden be nice and do whatever he says?" I snap my gaze behind me looking at him, he stands there only shrugging, " Exactly."

A scroll tumbles from the cart unrolling, I go to pick it up seeing it's an incident report on the southern boarder. " You shouldn't be looking at things like that." Liam warns, I look up at him " Going to tell Mairi?"

He clenches his jaw, " What does it say?"

I chuckle, " It's.." I trail off.

All along the mountains..there's been attacks.. I flip the scroll over seeing if this was classified. It wasn't. " I thought we had a trade deal with Promel?"