39- The Final Task

Liam wipes the floor with Kieran bumping us up to 5th. He didn't kill him, but he broke his leg. Apparently it's common to wanna wipe out as many as possible so you can climb the rankings. 

In our case, mission accomplished.

Each day of the week was another challange, The next day was the Gauntlet which I was a little worried about since it's blustering cold and theres ice. Xaden came to my room that morning making sure I was one of the first ones to go since there would be more shadows.

His advice was not to be a dumbass, and don't fall.

Mission accomplish.

The next day was flight, they set up obstacles and have the other wings try to get you off you dragon or get the ribbon that was tied to your arm.

Again Xaden told me to be smart and don't fall. I came out first, keeping me on and my ribbon tied seemed like child's play against the other cadets compared to Xaden.

Not to mention Rhys speed, it was almost pitiful how I drilled him.

Today serves as the last day of the Squad Battles, Xaden told everyone yesterday to be there at 8 sharp. So today I wake and wait for his usual escourt. I was tucked in my tighter fitted black top into my pants securing it with a belt when the door knocked..lighter.

I immediately picked up on the tone opening the door to see Liam smiling brightly down at at. "Morning beautiful." 

I immediatly grinned, " Wanted to get here before Xaden or what?"

He comes in my room closing the door before lightly shrugging. " I guess I'm allowed to see you now, infact he said I needed to be your official  escourt down to the last event today."

" Really?"

" Oh yea, I was so happy I almost kissed his feet." He smiles making me laugh.

" I didn't know it was such a privilege being at my side."

" Oh, the greatest." He replies.

I hum still grinnig, " Well, let me braid my hair and we can go? Do you know why he didn't come?"

I decide to do my single on the shoulder braid, Liam watches my hands weave intently " Why rather big grumpy shadow man was here?"

I laugh once more shaking my head, " No, I enjoy your company it's just out of character for him."

" Thought the same thing." He claps his hands, " Well, shall I escourt you down?" He says in almost like an high class accent making my eyes roll at his gesture. 

" I suppose you shall."

He even offered me his arm which I just looked at, gave him a look, then started walking. " Ouch." He mutters not skipping a beat before walking right next to me.