38- Squad Challenges

The walk was..tense.

Xaden walked closely to me scanning the crowd as we go. Liam is on the other side seeming to do the same, I had this..feeling that was annoyance though it wasn't from me. 

Maybe it's from the bond..myabe from Rhys or something....Though.. When me and Dain.. Rhys said he could feel something so maybe..

Maybe it's Xaden?

I look at him, his expression always seemed annoyed but his jaw is clenched a little tighter, he's cracking his one hand's fingers with the thumb and.. he looks at me quickly looking pissed.. yea he's more annoyed then usual.

" You two are against two boys Marcos from First and Kieran Third Wing.  Fury you have first, Mairi you have third."

" How do you know that?" I question looking up at him one more. I see a small smirk form as he keeps looking ahead, " I do my best work at night."

Shadows. He means his shadows.

" Kieran is like a human battering ram. He'll use his size, Mairi...no fancy moves. Be quick on your feet and get some good hits on the side of his head, maybe an uppercut, don't give him room, overwhelm..He crubles once there's a constant pressure."

Liam nods, keeping his expression neutral not bothering to give Xaden another look.

" Fury." Xaden's vice becomes more authoritative as he looks at me. I raise a brow waiting for him to tell me not to be dumb. " Yes Riorson?"

" Marcos is a damn snake. Kills are looked down upon but not illegal for these kinds of things, normally one or two get killed ayear, normally the strongest like you two. Fight him like you'd fight Barlowe. He fights quite simular, anything illegal he'll try, watch you. And he might pull a knife, pull one first. "

" Does he have a signet he'll try to kill me with?"

He lets out a small chuckle. " No. Already checked."

We open the door to the large door of the combat rooms where everyone was, whether to compete or watch. 

" Kill if you really need to." Xaden says so quick in my ear, I barely had time to fathom how his hot breath felt on the shell of ear before he pulled away. " Mairi, I sure as hell expect you to do a better job with her then lat time. I swear to Malek..if something happens again you'll be answering to me.. and sure as hell not as a friend. Understood."

" I'll protect her with my life, I'll die if I need too." He confirms looking around before his eyes went to Xaden unwavering.

" Good."

There seemed to be unsaid conversation going on as they look at one another before Xaden takes a breath looking back at me " And Fury-"