8-The Woods

My paranoia was sky rocketing.

Sure Hetta said there was nothing to worry about, but as much as I trust her, I also don't. It's easy to say you forgive me then slit my throat when I'm alseep, along with any other of the marked ones that share our room.

I kept a knife beside me just in case, each movement I freeze gripping my knife ready to counter, ready to attack if need be. It was driving me almost borderline insane. I huff, already sick of this, I glance at the clock.. 11 p.m. I shake my head, that's it...

I get up scanning the room, everyone was fast asleep, or at least pretending to sleep. I slowly climb down the small ladder looking around one more time before grabbing my cloak slipping out of the door. I had no idea where I was going but I knew I needed to get out of this stupid floor and stupid college walls.

I walked briskly walk looking down each and every hallway before I turn. Finally, I reach the door leading to the outside hoping this won't set of an alarm or something, I open it with such carefulness it took a solid 2 minutes. I jog out to the courtyard looking from side to side, where do I even go? I sigh once more, I see the darkness of the trees deciding to take a walk in the woods.

No one would be out there to get spotted.

I take one more glance before walking towards the trees, my mind reeling from all the shit I messed up already the last few days. I shake my head, I need to live... I need to, I can't die, I can't leave Dain, I don't want to disappoint Mira.

I don't want to prove mom right. That I can't do this, that I'm the failure she always thought I was.

I trip on a damned root, causing me to hit the ground with a thud. I wince, slowly leaning back on the tree trunk that's right behind me. " Damn it!" I mutter angrily. I didn't realize I was winded, or how far I actually walked, I saw the minor glow of the light that's above the Basgiath War College in the far distance.

I lean my head back on the cool but rough bark taking a moment I let the cool air brush across my skin as it momentarily soothes me. I look around, it's a small clearing... it's peaceful.. this could possibly be a new little place for me just to.. be alone.

I let everything that was just running rampid in my mind go, I let it relax just watching, just watching how the leaves move, watching the grass sway, watching the lightning bugs fly about. I breathe steadily watching it all, until I heard a snap.

One that was loud, one that was quick like they were walking fast, even jogging, then there was another, and another. I shoot up, now seeing lanterns or some type of light swaying maybe 25 feet away from me.

Shit.. Shit..shit..shit!

I look around, theres to many roots, twigs, matter..they'll hear me. Their voices are getting louder by the second. My eyes dart up to the tree, this seemed like the only option. I scaled the tree with ease, luckily I was quiet as I sit way above. My lungs felt on fire as I kept myself frowm breathing and moving at such a quick pace.

I stuff the cloak on my mouth as I see cloaked figures walk in the clearing I was just in seconds ago. They're all hushed before I see the face of a second year I saw in the Flame section, then another, then Imogen. She looked rough, I couldn't help but quirk a smile.

One by one they all took off their hoods, one being Hetta, the lat one being no one other then Xaden Riorson. They're all marked..shit all of them are marked! There's a rule that only 3 marked ones can be together at a time there needs to be..12 here! Disobeying is punishable by death.