44-

She drags me to her quarters after hearing I'm sharing a room with Hetta. " There was seriously no one else you could've bunked with?" She muttered as we just walked into her quarters.

" Why do you sound so disgusted by them?" I counter crossing my arms giving her a look.

" Oh.. I don't know.. maybe because they tried starting a Revolution?!"

" Their parents did. Not them." I correct.

She blinks a couple times her face straightening, " Your telling me you actually like them? Or Riorson is corrupting your head-"

" THEY aren't corrupting anything!" I snap.

She pauses, before a sigh escapes. " I see you still have your temper, I told you.. you can't let your emotions get in the way here.. Especially for people like them-"

" - They've been there for me! Since the first day. They're my friends."

She laughs shaking her head, " Friends.."

" Yes Mira.. friends."

" Are they actually? Or are they because Riorson told them to?" She says a little louder staring me down. For some reason that hurt, it always lingered in the back of my mind... and I know they would.. just for him..because like they said and Hetta explained.. They'd do anything  for him.

My face tightens as I look at her. " Then I guess I have no one."

Her brows furrow just a bit, " You have Dain Freya."

" Yea, I thought I did." I admit.

" You thought?"

I nod, " Yea, but whatever I did it wasn't good enough, and he never defended me and would always sell myself short!"

" It's Dain Freya! He'd-"

" He would Mira.. He did alot of stupid shit! Xaden and all those ' marked ones' have helped me more then he ever did. Because of him I'm alive. Not Dain! Xaden, Liam, Hetta and Imogen. They've been keeping me alive."

She shakes her head sighing, " You know what..whatever. I don't want to fight with you Freya. Just.." She takes a breath trying to calm herself. " You said your top of your class?"

I sigh, " Yea. I am."

A small smile played on her lips. " Good. I knew you'd do great things, still best in fighting?"

I nod, " My specialty."

" Good, you've always been fantastic in combat. Once you get on the front lines I'm sure you'll be crawling through the ranks like crazy, especially with those dragons of yours... You just need to get over your first kill-"