5-Fourth Wing

After..that little scene... We were escourted inside to get our Riders uniforms which were all black, another pair of combat made boots. Luckily the dragon scale vest Mira made for me fits right in and unde rall my clothes, I wonder how many times it'll save my life the next 3 years?

First years shake one huge bunker like room with our Sections, seperated my boys and girls. " How about we bunk together?" Hetta asks giving a small smile.

I remembered Dain's words, I wonder if another factor was played having Hetta in the same wing as me. Maybe I shouldn't trust her, but her innocent smile makes it hard not to. I can't make anymore enemies, espcially now... Xaden will be breathing down my neck and Hetta can't hurt me technically.

I wonder if she'd be skilled enough to get away with a murder of a squad mate?

I smile, " Sure, you want top or bottom?"

" I'll take top, it's a bit smaller normally and your alot taller then me."

It was selfless. She'd only need to suffer if she would for a year, once we get dragons or something along those lines we get our own private rooms. I nod, giving an ' thanks' in return.

We were free to talk to our squad mates in the bunks for the night before we all needed to report early for our first classes. " Trystan Wake.... Cheet Brulight... Gio-"

I sigh, sick of hearing all the wasted potential in kids as they read the morning death rolls, it's going to get real depressing real fast if we need to hear that almost daily. " Dylan Splading..." I wonder if that was the Dylan that talked to me.. He seemed to hopeful. "... We commend their souls to Malek." The one finishes read.

Now we break into our squad groups, Dain comes toward all of us " Morning Fourth Wing. First years hope your first night wasn't horrible, I remember how damn hard those bunks were.." Some of the other second and third years chuckle or laugh, Dain continues, " Maybe that will get you a little more fire unde ryour asses to live. Life equals a good night sleep."

Still..more laughing...over what? No idea.

I see his eyes glance at me a few times, but it was always for a few seconds at most, he was just seeing if I was still alive, making sure I wasn't just going to fall over dead I suppose. His eyes do land on Hetta several times as well, he keeps eye contact with her more often. His face remains neutral. I can't tell if he hates her that much or is even more threatened she's in the wing with us.

" For your classes first years, stick together. Here are your schedules.." Dain passes the schedules to me brushing my hand, I try to hide my blush as I take one and pass them around. " Take a good look, I expect you to be early to our sparring this early afternoon."

Hearing sparring almost made me smile, I wasn't good at alot of things...but fighting... I'm damn good at... and art. Those two things kept me sane the last 20 years...well..halfway sane. I don't think a girl that tolerates bloodshed is totally there but it's good for being a Sorrengail, daughter of a general.

Sparring helps us get stronger, or killing off the weaker ones, so when the Gauntlet comes around the weakest are dead, then that filters us out even more, after that we get presented to the Dragons then...Threshing.

Try not to get killed by the dragons then, hopefully I'll have a dragon, stay seated and not die.... all in hopes to not sleep on a stone slab of a bed anymore, it's only the first night and my back already hurts.

" I can't wait to see all your potential on that mat later...Sawyer..you'll lead them to classes?" Dain asks. I happen to glance over to a taller boy with brown hair and lots of freckles. He's a repeat, one that didn't bond last year, they wait around here for the next year.. If I need to be a repeat you minus well kill me...