33- Mistake

All I felt was void.

I felt myself breathing, I felt the mildly rough feeling, I felt the small shiver of coolness, and the sterile smell of cleaning products.

I can move, just not much. There's a ache all over my body. But I'm breathing.

I'm..alive?

I lay there for a second trying to coax my eyes open, they finally agree..

The light makes them flutter, but I'm alive.

I'm alive.

I hear shifting making me alert, they shoot open as my head snaps to the left of me. Xaden sits on a chair looking quite..pissed.

I groan softly as I adjust, my body stiff from what I'm guessing staying in this laying position for to long. I manage to sit up to Xaden still looking at me.

" What can you possibly be pissed at now?"I mumble looking lazily at him.

" You didn't kill him." He answers with his blunt tone. " Infact he's 7 beds down from yours, being mended so he's nice and healthy."

I groan one more laying my head down in my pillow... Jack Barlowe is still alive.

" So your mad because I was on death's door and didn't..what? hit his heart?"

" Everyone should know you need to twist your knife to get past the rib cage and to the heart." He says sarcastically. " But.... I'm happy you actually used that brain of yours and held him off. From what I saw before he used his signet..you were kicking his ass."

" Kinda sorta.." I say tiredly.

He lets out an annoyed sigh still looking at me. I simply raise a brow in response, " What else?"

" Your not the only one I'm pissed at." He mutters. " Liam should've done-"

" Liam got me out of a strength battle, where one of us needed to die. By sparring at least someone could jump in if it became to-"

" - But you almost died, and I almost died along with our damned dragons! He should've jumped in and saved you." He snaps.

I roll my eyes, seeing this is the first time he's spoken to me since...the kiss. " Yea, all about the survival right.."

He pauses narrowing his eyes on me, " The hell does that mean Fury."

I chuckle, sitting up fully now looking at him. " So..are we just not going to talk about it?"

He pauses for just a second before his expression goes blank knowing, " Talk about what?" He asks dumbly.

" Oh you know..that night..the kiss.. you not talking to me.. Now apparently you must've gave Liam an earful.. none of that? None rings a bell for you?"

" There's nothing to talk about."

" Nothing to talk about.." I mutter quietly still looking at him. " Hmm.. Interesting. So, there's nothing to it, you just decided to like.. kiss me then after how long you just broke it off looking mortified? Can't tell me I was a bad kisser."

His brow raises just a little at my bluntness before his face glazes over in that bored expression he often has. " It meant nothing.. It was just the bond and the joint we had, I never had you here when it happened so it was just...A..mistake."

It felt like a punch to the gut when he said that, though it needed to be more then that right? The way he kissed me was like something I never experienced or even felt.

I scoff rolling my eyes. " So.. Your just going to kiss me whenever Rhys and Segyl decide to.."

He seems to tense, " That was before you knew how to block them out..and once we feel it... block them, or we'll just need to stay the hell away from eachother. I'm sure whatever you feel your friend Liam can help with."

This catches me off guard. " Liam? Are you serious right now? Are you pissed at Liam because of what he apparently didn't do or because you see how well we get along?"

" Yea, you two just really click don't you?" He snaps.

" Your the one who assigned him to me. It was your great idea."

" Yea. To protect you..not to flirt and try to get in your pants instead of doing his job! Which it seems like he can't do so I guess I'll need to do it myself." Xaden snaps.

" Your talking about your friend Liam.. Whicj it seems he'd take a bullet for you so maybe don't act like such an ass because you know he did nothing wrong."

He gets up, " Get your boots on and get up."

With that he walks out of the room.

( hey guys... so I've been... hectic so I wasn't goi g to leave this chapter only 700 words but I'd figure I'd give yiu something while I'm trying to get back in the swing of writing...)