18-Threshing

Dain walked me back and I did what he said. I changed and went to bed, Hetta had the same idea she was out by the time I got back.

I now wake up, changing into another outfit, making sure to wear my dragon scale vest. Apparently I really need it for today. I make sure to braid my hair tightly behind my head.

I debated just going for it and chopping it all off in the spur of the moment, just so Barlowe and whatever dumb asses are teaming up with him have nothing to hang onto. But that means they'd need to get closer to me... If they're in arms range..they're dead.

I don't want to kill anyone today...

I take a couple deep breaths, as if that's going to prepare myself. Hetta gets up along with all the other girls in our squad's room getting ready as well. We were all required to go out in the courtyard listening to a few words from Kamori.

" This is the day some of you will become riders!" He yells over all of us.

Alot cheer, while I stay silent looking around briefly running my fingers up and down the sheathes of my new blades. I'll celebrate once I come out alive with a dragon.

" Some dragons already picked your from yesterday, when you all get realeased...if you have a feeling go with it...If you have a feeling to run...go with that instinct as well..." He continues. " Also note, your more likely to be rejected and incinerated IF you go in groups... If you truly want to be bonded go alone."

" What one are you thinking about?" Hetta whispers to me.

" I'm thinking that green that was sniffing me, I think it liked me.. How about you?"

" There were those reds right in the beginning, I felt drawn to it. Haven't been able to get it out of my head."

I offer a smile, " Sounds like you have a dragon already."

I half listen as Kamori talks some more, glancing around at the other riders. Ofcourse, Jack Barlowe is close enough to me, giving me his glare mouthing ' Your dead' makign a stabbing motion. Orren and Tynan at his sides glaring at me as well.

I sigh, I already know this is going to be a long ass day.

"... And don't give up. You gave until nightfall to claim a dragon, don't stop until a senior leader or one of the administrators come get you. Good luck." Kamori says finally and it's go time...

" Good luck." Hetta says quickly. " Don't die."

I chuckle, " You too. You have a knife? Just in case?"

She nods,  " I have 2."

" Take one more." I offer one of my other daggers. " You sure?" She asks.

I nod quickly, " I have at least 15 on me right now, take it and be safe."

Everyone breaks into a dead run, Even Jack ignores me and runs up the stairs where the Gauntlet was, into the canon, looking for their dragons. I do the same, pulling out a knife just incase I need to fight, or defend myself.

I see dragons flying over head, none of them called to me, I almost ran into an orange, pretty sure it was the one that was going to scorch me along with Luca. I never ran so fast in an opposite direction.

I hear dragons, the other cadets, screaming, plooms of smoke, dragons with riders, and riders who fall back to the earth destined to be another name on the death roll. Imagine having the hope that your a rider just for the dragon to kill you for not keeping your seat.