26- Severed

We all stare in shock.

We stare at the massive pile in charred flesh, bones and ash.

Rhys keeps flaming it with such ferosity everyone needed to back up even more from the heat. He goes closer, charring it some more before he climbs the pile roaring that it echos, a window even breaks..

" You alright?" He questions his head tilting as he comes up to me again.

" Yea.. I think you got them.." I answer back.

He was quick to be at my side again separating me from the group as he roars towards the crowd..another warning.. One telling everyone he wants me.. And he'll sure as hell protect me. Segyl comes down from her perch standing closely by him, Andarna comes at my other side..

" They get the point Rhys.." I hear Segyl say.

" Not only did his rider try killing her HE DID!" Rhy's voice bellows.

" And he knew better.. They all know what you can do." She answers back more sterness in her tone.

Andarna paces where everyone was standing possibly.. protecting them from the rage Rhys was feeling, if he'd shoot at anyone else, he'd hit Andarna since her pacing was so fast.

" Classes are cancelled for the rest of the day." Kamori says magnifying his voice for all to hear. Translation: Get the hell out before this thing scorches us...

Everyone scampered to leave, leaving Xaden, Liam and I.

" Thank you for protecting me again." I say to rhys running my hand along his wing. He eyes me, " I'll protect you with my life halfblood."

Halfblood.

" What do you guys think of her words? Why she said that."

" Pay no mind to what that traitor said." Rhys snaps at me. Snaps. " He had no damned clue."

Xaden's jaw clenches as he stares at Rhys then looking back to me, " She should lay low for the rest of the day and after all that."

Rhys only snorts at him looking back to the pile, " If one single hair on her head is gone Wingleader when i return you'll be matching that pile."

Xaden nods stiffly as Rhys was the first to take off, then Segyl, last Andarna who nuzzled me quickly following them.

" Let's move." Xaden says, sounding annoyed as he turns...seeing Dain stroming to us.. Was he here the whole time?

" Freya!" His voice cracks, I can see his eyes were watering. His eyes were watering.

For her.

" Aetos-" Xaden begins. " Don't Aetos me! What the actual hell Freya!" He got right up in my face, I thought for a moment.. he was going to push me..even hit me..

" What do you mean ' What the hell' Dain?! Your.. whatever the hell she was to you tried to kill me!"

" And you just killed her! And her dragon!" He yells.

" That's-" Xaden begins but I stop him, " No... let him talk." I urge not daring to look away from Dain. I shake my head in disbelief, " So your really going to take her side? Over mine! Your best friend Dain? I should be asking what the hell?! Everyone saw her! YOU SAW HER DAIN and your blaming me?!" I yell.