64- The Betrayal

A gryphon.

I jerk myself from Xaden looking wide eyed at the beast with a younger girl narrowing her gaze at me, She doesn't look threatened in the slightest as she studies me. " She is.. monsterous. They weren't kidding when they said she's tall and...athletic."

She was talking to Xaden.

" Freya..." He says carefully, I can feel him inching towards me. 

What the hell do I do? Do I attack? 

My eyes lower just slightly to see her gryphon. They're smaller then I expected, only half the size of a normal size dragon, but those beaks and claws look like they can easily slice through, maybe even worse then the sharpest claws on dragons.

Xaden grabs me pinning my arms down, pinning my back to his, he wraps one arm around my neck putting pressure on my throat but not trying to cut off my air supply. " Xaden!" I fight struggling.

" Freya just calm down...please just calm down..." He almost pleads. " What the hell are you doing here?! I said meet tomorrow!"

I froze.

Just for a second. 

Meet? He knows them...

He knows them....

" You know her?" I ask slowly still eyeing the rider who's looking at us, I quickly scan my surroundings seeing a few more land where everyone else is...where my dragons are..

" Let me explain-" 

There was still no commotion...

" They all know them?" I ask once more, my throat tightening.

" Fury just please let me explain..." Xaden asks craning his neck around to look at me, he's so close... to close...

The girl chuckles, " She's taking this better then I expected...way better-"

I eye her and that damn bird, I feel my heart hammering in my chest, I feel...power.. I feel the power coursing knowing this is do or die...

They brought me out here to kill me...

My breathing increases, I feel Xaden squeeze my frame, I eye the ground leading a line to where the pair was perched as she eyes me... She looks confused for a second before her smug expression drops " Fly!"

" Freya NO!"

Xaden nearly throws me to the ground messing my aim so the force I was going to use to blow her up misses, exploding a damn 5 feet away from her. Rubble flies everywhere, Xaden covers ourselves from it with his shadows.