7- The Journal

He basically dragged me to the infirmary.

There were already several first year cadets with broken bones from losing spars, I'm not sure why I'm even here I feel fine...

" Your bleeding." Dain says, now I can feel the ache...then I see the deep cut in my thigh..she had a knife? Or something sharp. " Why did you keep fighting Freya.." Dain asks.

" I can't feel it.. just a little now.."

He shakes his head, " Your that high on adrenaline?"

We were quick to get a room, Dain scooped me up before I could protest carrying me to the small curtained space, laying me on the small cot. " I'm not dying you know..or even hurt-"

I see his torso where my leg was, was all full of blood. Maybe I am a little hurt..just a little. Medical care was there right away needing to give me stitches in my thigh. It hurt like hell but I refused the numbing medication, I'll be damned if anyone sees me in here thinking I lost. If Dain would've gave me a good minute I would've won.

" Thank you." Dain nodded at the last worker before they walked out giving him some pills for the pain, he insisted keeping them for me. I lay there now looking at the bed, waiting for his anger, him telling me I went to far yet again.

But he stays quiet.

He sighs, sitting down on the bed, he grazes his fingers over the stitches sending goosebumps forming over my leg. " Your fighting has gotten alot more.. vicious in the last year."

I snicker, " You haven't seen much yet." I dare look at him, his face held a small smile though there was anything but positive emotions behind it. " I think every single marked one heard what you said Freya." He says a little quieter.

I sigh, " I know. I just came out."

" Xaden heard it."

More goosebumps form, a mixture of his thumb rubbing over my leg and thinking of Xaden. " He was pissed?"

" Irate."

I know I really did it this time... I'll probably be dead before the night is over. " Can we go?" I ask. " I didn't suffer through all of that just to sit like I'm numbed up in this stupid bed."

He nods, lifting me up he walks side by side with me, quietly down the short hall where more cadets were. Still they they stare, emotions varying. But I look ahead, walking semi normal still having some of that adrenaline in my system.

The cool air hits me once we get out of the healers Quadrant walking back to the riders, The walk was awkward, I could tell Dain was still pissed, but also.. scared for me? I was maybe a little nervous as well, seeing I made.. to many enemies. To many to live much longer.

He lead me straight to my room, leaning on the wall " Are you sure you just don't want to stay the night in my room? I can sleep on the floor, I really don't mind.." He almost begs.

" No. I told you know. Anyone would know that would be the first place I'd be I'm not dragging you into this." I say sternly.

" Come on Freya.."

" Dain.. I told you no. Now.. I'll see you later alright?"

" Promise me."

" I promise."

He huffs pushing off the wall, " Fine, be ready bright and early tomorrow."

" I will."