9- Admiring Your Work

I was quick to get back into our dorm, everyone was alrwady back in bed by the time I get back..except Hetta. I think back to Xaden's comment, are they...together?

That seems to be the most toxic couple I've ever seen if that's the case.

But I settle, not getting some sleep. If anyone threatens me at least I have some dirt now to halfway save my ass. When I woke for the morning Hetta still wasn't there but her bed was made, she was here.

Was.

I get up, get dressed, put in the dragon scale vest before throwing on my Rider's Black. I look at my hair debating whether or not just take a scissors and chop it all off, I decide against it. My hair is one of my best qualities.

I braid it into two buns securing them tightly in the back of my head, grabbign my things and heading out the door to breakfast. I was just nearing the hall when I see Hetta walking stiffly from across the hall. Poor soul.

I get my lunch tray sitting at a corner table looking over notes from battle brief, examining one of my daggers when I get bored of the notes. There was still a little dried blood on it, my hand goes to my neck feeling the tenderness where Xaden's knife was.

I can't wait to see his face, if only I got it a little deeper so it would leave a scar...or maybe if it was deeper I'd be dead. At least I'll get to see my work for a couple days on his face. There was a presence right infront of me and my eyes look up.

Hetta gives a weak, tired smile. " Good Morning." She sits like she had a stick up her ass... I watch her try to maneuver with a slight smirk, it's not funny..ok..maybe a little. " Looks like you had a riveting night."

Her eyes flashed to mine, her face goes red looking down quickly " I- well.."

I laugh, " You don't need to tell me."

Because I already know. My eyes go to her neck which looks destroyed, " Shit...he's a biter?" I ask aloud before my mouth snaps shut.. I could see a bite mark..like his whole jaw bite mark. Interesting.

Hetta stares... She needs to know..she had to... I stare back unsure what to do. But she looks down sighing. " He told me... Your not going to.."

" Why would I? I guess I kinda like you somewhat..so.. HE told you?" I whisper.

She nods. " I asked what took so long, normally he's..fast about things."

I look her over, she doesn't seem to.. I don't know. " How long have you two been together?" I ask, genuinely curious, she's sweet and he's..Xaden. Her eyes widen, " Oh no! We're not.. together.. He just likes to have someone for um.. stress."

" You can tell him no."

" No..no.. I owe it to him, he's been there..when I didn't have anyone.."

I narrow my eyes, " That sounds toxic as shit if you ask me..and how he treated you.." I stop myself again unsure how much he actually told her. She shrugs. " We never really got along.."

Oh, and it's complicated..

I just nod, not wanting to discuss her sex life. " Morning-" Dain's voice drops as he sets his tray down looking at Hetta, " What the hell attacked you?"

" Dain.." I say.

" What?" he asks looking back at Hetta, " I hope that animal attack was before curfew."