32- The Fight

As Liam and I walked out the door Hetta was just walking out of her room, looking at me with a small smirk.

" Mouse." Liam greets.

Her eyes snap to Liam now with a scowl. " I told you to stop calling me that!"

He laughs, " Why? You don't like when I call you the tiney-tiny house mouse?"

I nudge his chest, " Stop being a dick Mairi."

Hetta huffs, " And this is why I don't like you.."

" Don't lie." Liam grins.

We walk the halls going to our first Signet class, my skin prickles- like when you know there's someone right behind you- and my eyes wander, as if they were magnets they lock with Xaden's.

He was standing talking with all the other Wingleaders, which seemed to be a very intense topic seeing they all looked somber, while Xaden was paying no mind to them at all.. just looking at..me.

I force myself to take a breath needing to look away as we approached, of course needing to pass him to get to Carr's class. I look anywhere but at him, as we pass he nods at Liam who returns it and just looks at me which I roll my eyes and keep walking..

Carrs room was the only classroom down a long narrow hallways where all the cadets who channeled or manifested stand. Hetta channeled a long time ago I just never really paid attention seeing she's still in majority of my classes.

Carr welcomes us one my one in an eerily orderly fashion, I guess he doesn't like hoards of kids running into his class. I see his eyes go to be a few times as we stand and wait our turns. Kid by kid I get closer and feel my annoyance bubble as he keeps looking at me, the closer I get the less welcoming his looks become.

I was tempted just to..explode..but i hear Xaden in the back on my mind, about controlling myself, I imagine the anger like the power, flowing into the gluttonous sand taking all of it away... I instantly feel better just as I step to get let inside.

" I see you finally made it Sorrengail."

I plaster on a fake smile, I've heard he's scary as all hell.. I can see why.. Also he has a sucky attitude. " I'm happy to finally be here Sir."

" Both your siblings would've been in my classes for weeks. Your very much behind."

I let out a chuckle, " Well.. I am only half of my siblings." 

" I'm well aware Ms. Sorrengail. I can only hope you have as much important with your signet. With Brennan's mending skills and Mira's self made wards for her and her wing..Those will be very tough to beat."

" I can assure you mine will not disappoint. I'm sure your well aware of my dragon..sorry..dragons.. not only will I have one I will have two.