40- The Task

So we attmempted to formulate a plan:

Hetta can retrieve things, Ridoc can use ice.

Imogen can mind wipe, Heaton can breathe underwater, Emery has wind..

Quinn can astro project and Liam has far sight.... While I have the knowledge where everything is.. 

 So we make our way, " It's most likely guarded. Quinn, if you could astro project to the other side of the hall and make some sort of noise and lead them away a little ways that should give us enough time to grab something useful." I mention.

She nods, getting her task, taking Heaton with her so he can protect her body.

" Liam, I'll need you to be our eyes, see if there's a guard, tell us when he leaves and when they're returning."

He nods.

" Incase something happens, I can mind wipe him." Imogen says proudly which I nod to. I nod as well, " And that's about as far as I got..."

" Sounds like a solid plan so far, just wing the rest?" Hetta asks.

Imogen rolls her eyes, " Well, seeing we fought about this for an hour...I guess it'll need to do."

We all stealthily sneak to the northern part of Basgiath where her office is on top of 6 flights of stairs. As we get closer and closer, my heart beats a little faster and faster... Maybe this really was a stupid idea.. 

As if Ridoc read my mind he decides to talk, " So...if we get caught..how bad do you think the punishments would be? Take out and eye, cut off our ears, maybe serve some jail time getting torutred everyday-"

" Probably all the above." I admit quietly.

" I wish Riorson was here, use those shadows to just grab something, keep a look out or just choke the guard until he passes out." Sawyer mumbles.

" You and me both.." Imogen utters making a small flare of annoyance bubble up. I shake it off, looking over at Liam who's stuck to my side, " See anything yet?"

He stops making the rest of us do the same, " Uhhh....yea.. Just one guard.." He flutters his eyes, " And he's huge.."

I bite my cheek looking around, " Shit.."

" How long until Quinn distracts the guy?" Ridoc asks.

" Whenever you tell me."

We all jump, my hand flies to my face so I don't make a sound as Quinn steps from a wall. " That's scary as all hell.." Hetta says looking mortfied.

" Sorry..sorry.." Quinn mutters. " I thought you'd give a sign or something."