10- The Kill

Kristof had a bit of pep as he stepped on the mat eyeing me, " Don't take it personally Sorrengail when I kill you."

" You couldn't if you tried." I muse stepping on the mat after him. I glance at Xaden who held his arms behind his back watching intently now.

I have a feeling he'll be picking all my spars now.. and only people who truly want to kill me will be my only opponents.

We stand on either sides of the mat, Xaden gives the go we can start and Kristof is right on me. He charges and like i always do..dodge. I decide to keep my mouth shut or at least try to so I don't get myself in anymore trouble. He looks like he's going to punch but he averts his hand from a fist to simply grabbing me, throwing me to the floor.

I roll a couple times, Gates getting me in the ribs a few times before I pivot kicking at him. I wasn't aiming at all I just needed enough time and space to get up, luckily I got him in the knee and he buckled.

I get up not hiding the sharp pain coursing through me I stumble just a few steps, I was about to kick in square in the face when he pulled out a dagger slicing it at me, it catches my thigh, the same one from Imogen's attack, almost the same spot as well.

I yell , stumbling down again. He was quick to get on me, using the same dagger about to plunge it in my chest. I grab his arm with both hands as he presses down, his eyes bulging with anger, hate, and the intent to fully murder me.

" Call it off!" I hear Hetta say but Xaden doesn't. He wants me dead, and I'll die with his secret, and he'll win. He would have something to do with killing a Sorrengail. No way in hell am I allowing that.

I'm not dying today.

I give out pivoting just enough so his dagger lands directly beside me stuck in the mat, I grab one of my own from the sheath plunging it into his leg. He screams as I push him off, all I feel now is that burning heat.

It's the thing that's always set me apart from my siblings, they can fight evenly they can fight and know when to stop. I can't...not when I'm like this, all I can think right now is kill or be killed. I'm in control.

I am.

It's an animalistic instinct I've always had, that I've always been a little scared of. When I get like this there's nothing I can do to truly control it until I beat them to a pulp..a bloody almost dead pulp.

But..this one will be dead.

He inches back, panting as he tries to get my dagger out of his leg I advance looking at him now with vengeance. I kick him in the chest making him fly back hitting the mat. " Freya!" I hear the distant call of Dain's voice..

I need to finish this..

" I yield.. I yield.." Kristof says looking terrified, it makes me feel almost a little to powerful.

" To late for that..." I grab him hoisting him up with the new found adrenaline " Please... take your kill very personally." He can't get another word out before I twist his head, snapping his neck.

I toss him to the ground, his head now pivoted at an odd angle as he lays there. " Freya.." Dain's voice now registers. He was bascially right there when I just killed him.

I just killed him. My eyes shoot to Dain's then at the dead boy, then at everyone else. My wing was silent as they looked at me, emotions very. Some impressed, shocked..scared. Hetta stares wide eyed she looked terrified.