62- The Final

The raid alarm goes off.

My eyes fly open to see Xaden jerking awake " What the hell-"

His door flies open to reveal Garrick " Xaden-"

Xaden quickly throws the blenkets over my exposed chest, Garrick pauses for just a second before his eyes go to Xadens. " Shit sorry-"

" What the hell is happening?!" Xaden yells.

" Obviously an attack! You and Sorrengail hurry the hell up!"

" Stop staring at her tits so she can get dressed!" Xaden snaps back, " Give us a second."

He nods quickly closing the door, Xaden pulls me up throwing me my dress quickly tying it back up almost as fast as he took it off... 4 hours ago...

" Here." He quickly hands me his jacket. " They'll-"

" I don't care." He says quickly. " You'll freeze."

He gets dressed just as quickly looking out his window. " Ok, come on.."

He grabs my hand, about to pull me when I stop. " You might need to leave." I say quickly.

He frowns " Yea... I might.."

I almost cry right then and there but I swallow the grief, Xaden sees it sighing " Come here.."

He quickly leans down kissing me. " Segyl will drag me back here in a few days, she'll miss Rhys just as much as I'd miss you. I'll be ok."

I nod. " Now, let's go." He says quickly pulling me along with him.

We quickly blend into the crowd of confused, groggy, messily clothed cadets. I didn't feel as bad with my dress choices seeing alot still being in their dress clothes with the messy hair and looks like they just started going to bed.

As we reach the courtyard I see Liam and Hetta together... Liam still in the process of buttoning up his shirt and Hetta...

Oh shit.... I thought they didn't...

I had to scoff at my assumption...not that I could blame Liam seeing I was just in Xaden's bed. " Go by them." Xaden says quietly looking sternly in Liam and Hetta direction. We give eachother a look of knowing, he squeezes my hand one more time as he heads briskly to the Leadership section.

" Fun night?" I ask as I approach.

Liam looks me over. " Yea, I'd say so. Nice Jacket."

I look down momentarily forgetting this is Xaden's I look back up at him and see a small smile... He's glad we're alright again.

" Morning." Dain says walking up to us, Liam leans on me slightly covering up the proof of who's jacket this was.

" Good Morning." Liam greets with his wide grin.

" Do you know what's going on?" I question.

Dain chuckles, " Not an attack that's for damn sure.."

I furrow my expression, just then Pancheck takes the podium silencing us all.

" I'm happy with the response we got from our riders, I appreciate the time is took for you all to form here. Congratulations, this was just a drill but... also a part of your final assignment here for the year..."